Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford AUS to call Edge Endura

Right-hand-drive production of the upgraded Edge will not commence until the second half of 2018.

The second-generation Edge has been on sale overseas since 2015, but Ford Australia is opting to wait for its mid-life facelift before launching it Down Under.
    Meaning it will be here mid-late 2019...

In all honesty probably should have been here Feb....

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
    Ford invented this category (at least in Australia FFS). It seems to me that they are just walking away with a token entry in Territory's space and hope they move a handful of cars.

Territory was more than Ten years old underneath, yet could hold its own against any competitor - imagine how good it could have been with some decent coin or an export market, yet we now have Endura (I am sure my Victa is a Victa Endura) in the same market.

I like my Diesels, but would NOT buy a four cylinder one in a family hauler. I just don't know the lifespan of a highly strung 4 cylinder diesel moving two tonnes.
    Exactly. And given the time taken to get this car to market, they've dropped the ball big time. Again.

But of course, spending $$$ on the Territory and giving it an export market would have flown in the face of the one Ford bullshit, and the septics wouldn't have agreed to a "foreign" car taking on an overseas market that an American car should.

Can you guys stop pointing out the obvious not just now but what irks me greatly you can overlap similar the last 2 decades.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

I am going to call it Edna.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

Elks (15th November 2017)

Or Esme
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Validated User
    Wonder if we will get the nice ST line version?

https://youtu.be/sAS9RfaxkyQ
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT
    2017 SEADOO RXT300RS JETSKI

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Does look good.
    Why do we always come into market half baked.

VZTRT, is canadian built pretty crappy ?
    Half baked and two years late. They have reverted to type, create the market, become market leader, wait til all you competitors are in the segment, then exit and seek to return 2+ years later like nothing has happened.

Ford announced closure of Broadmeadows in May 2013. So they had years to work out a Territory replacement. By the time this hits the market it will be 5 years from the annoucement and more from when the product planners would have been looking to replace a decade old (but still wonderful) Territory.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (15th November 2017),Futura (15th November 2017),Randel (16th November 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    Half baked and two years late. They have reverted to type, create the market, become market leader, wait til all you competitors are in the segment, then exit and seek to return 2+ years later like nothing has happened.

Ford announced closure of Broadmeadows in May 2013. So they had years to work out a Territory replacement. By the time this hits the market it will be 5 years from the annoucement and more from when the product planners would have been looking to replace a decade old (but still wonderful) Territory.
    This is text book Ford though.

Enter a segment, make a lot of noise, then exit for a period.

History is littered with examples of on/off, in/out.

Wagon.

Focus RS.

GT500.

Motorsport.

No continuity.

No momentum.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Futura (15th November 2017)

I tend to agree Tony. As usual, late to the party with a product that has so much potential, but misses the mark with local consumer needs. I hope it does well for them but itís going to have to have some stiff competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post

Doesn't matter. Ford really have nothing in the suv market that's actually good enough to beat the leaders.

This thing has half a chance. It probably needs a 7 seat option. More then likely be over priced. That's were the Terri was good. Great bang for buck and well thought out for a family mover.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast