Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford AUS to call Edge Endura

going to have ? it HAS stiff comp up and running and they are better off, choice, price points etcetcetc......
    How can you compete this way tell me ????? like going to play tennis with a squash racquet.
    Late to the party, terri diesel looonnnng time coming all too late, it goes on and on.
    They fecked up with Everest launch, the market still thinks its expensive for you know what, they don't bother going back to check.
    The more looking ahead the more I'm getting pissed with the brand.
    Such a great name here forged over the years littered with so much damage.
    They can't compete in this modern world of brands, when it was just GM and us yes, once competition came and keeps stepping up they are followers, followers hardly win.
    Very sad.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    This is text book Ford though.

Enter a segment, make a lot of noise, then exit for a period.

History is littered with examples of on/off, in/out.

Wagon.

Focus RS.

GT500.

Motorsport.

No continuity.

No momentum.
    You forgot.

Falcon GT
    V8's
    2018 Mustang
    Small cars - Remember Laser baaahhhh

Anyway my key point was not that they were forced into this, it was they have had years and years to plan to avoid this, a plan that could have included closing 2017 not 2016 as an option.

But for whatever reason, decision and actions werent take in time
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

4Vman (15th November 2017)

Yep, thats our Ford Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
    I like my Diesels, but would NOT buy a four cylinder one in a family hauler. I just don't know the lifespan of a highly strung 4 cylinder diesel moving two tonnes.
    cylinder count is irrelevant. it makes 153kw and 450Nm nice and low in the rev range. 8sp 'box will no doubt be geared to allow lazy cruising.

Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    Doesn't matter. Ford really have nothing in the suv market that's actually good enough to beat the leaders.
    yep, heard all the ford fans saying the same thing when ranger was released. no good. too expensive. etc etc.

Everest is plodding along ok. Rome wasn't built in a day. it took around 3 years for ranger to become the success it is today, maybe longer.

Rob, I hear what your saying but consider this at present for a soccer mum :
    New Kia Sorrento
    All Round Better. Discover Innovative Tech, Better Ride & Handling, Sleek Design
    7 Seater - Lane Keep Assist · 8 Inch Touchscreen · Tuned For Australia · Smart Cruise Control · 7 Year Warranty
    Holden playing catch up coming aggressive offering 7yr/175k's Factory across entire range till end of year.
    Thats just to competitors where this Edna is going into bat.
    Sorry I don't agree Everest is going that well - in a Sydney pop of roughly 4M + I hardly spot one !
    Rome did finally get built and still standing
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Rob, I hear what your saying but consider this at present for a soccer mum :
    New Kia Sorrento
    All Round Better. Discover Innovative Tech, Better Ride & Handling, Sleek Design
    7 Seater - Lane Keep Assist · 8 Inch Touchscreen · Tuned For Australia · Smart Cruise Control · 7 Year Warranty
    Holden playing catch up coming aggressive offering 7yr/175k's Factory across entire range till end of year.
    Thats just to competitors where this Edna is going into bat.
    Sorry I don't agree Everest is going that well - in a Sydney pop of roughly 4M + I hardly spot one !
    Rome did finally get built and still standing
    Ranger wagon has 2 issues, it's priced $5-7K too high in each model increment, and has a light commercial interior compared to Prado etc..
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Ranger wagon has 2 issues, it's priced $5-7K too high in each model increment, and has a light commercial interior compared to Prado etc..
    do you think its priced to high based on sales? or profits?

the majority of Ranger and Everest sales are high end products, not base model. They gave up chasing sales a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dash gt View Post
    Wonder if we will get the nice ST line version?

https://youtu.be/sAS9RfaxkyQ
    Nope. Ford in Australia currently do NOT have anything with 6 Cylinders in it, and do not look likely to.

If they were smart they would launch a "Sportline" and import the Fusion Sport and the Endura Sport (fuck that name is woeful) to give their enthusiasts something to sink their teeth into that is not a Mustang.

We have been down this road before on this forum - Ford have nothing that their former Falcon fans would be interested in. They handed a segment they owned 30 years ago to the company which used to build the Festiva for them. When they do get a decent car, they can't get enough stock of them, so the One Ford in the USA get the cars and we get the dregs. It is no wonder that the people who grew up with Falcon are leaving in droves. Territory was once called the "Aussie X5 for Falcon Bucks" when it was reviewed - it was world class, and stayed that way until 2016. That heritage was flushed down the toilet and all they can give us is a 2.0 Diesel SUV. Whoever runs their product planning department needs to be shot.
    Deutschland, Deutschland über alles
    Volkswagen Number 3 - Passat Alltrack 130TDi

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    do you think its priced to high based on sales? or profits?

the majority of Ranger and Everest sales are high end products, not base model. They gave up chasing sales a long time ago.
    Based on where it sits in the market V Competition and Value for money.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast