Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here comes HSV, the new edition. SUVs front and centre

Here comes HSV, the new edition. SUVs front and centre

History is a statement, the future is a question.

Yep, and I'm tipping it won't have a half baked powertrain either. HSV don't do things in half measures.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

4Vman (15th November 2017)

Can already see fords pants being pulled down by hsv's offerings....
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

We are full of confidence aren’t we. Wonder why!
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

This product has the potential to elevate Colorado sales up to a point where they'll challenge/erode Hilux/Ranger.

Not so much the volume of this product, but the flow on effect from having a Halo product in a segment that has been traditionally influenced by image.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Validated User
    I understand that other companies probably have this attitude as well.

Do you think that the bean counters at Ford have too much power in the decision making process?

Let me explain. Instead of taking an idea to the bean counters for them only to say, "Nup, too much money." do you think that product bosses (or whatever you call them) should be taking product ideas to the bean counters and giving them the one and only instruction of, "Make this financially viable."

As mentioned, Ford seem to have forgotten the importance of Halo products.

PS - I just read this post back, I hope it makes sense????

Quote Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
    I understand that other companies probably have this attitude as well.

Do you think that the bean counters at Ford have too much power in the decision making process?

Let me explain. Instead of taking an idea to the bean counters for them only to say, "Nup, too much money." do you think that product bosses (or whatever you call them) should be taking product ideas to the bean counters and giving them the one and only instruction of, "Make this financially viable."

PS - I just read this post back, I hope it makes sense????
    Vibrant healthy business's have a mix of both.

Businesses run by Accountants are typically very conservative, can appear boring and lackluster, but they are normally robust.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    This product has the potential to elevate Colorado sales up to a point where they'll challenge/erode Hilux/Ranger.

Not so much the volume of this product, but the flow on effect from having a Halo product in a segment that has been traditionally influenced by image.

won't happen. its a product no one is asking for in my opinion except for a very small group.

how many people are modifying their hilux, ranger, navara, triton etc with go fast bits? any modifications to these cars are mostly to do with offroading.

you only have to look at the majority of cars driving around to know that performance is not high on people's list anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
    what's the mustang?

focus RS?

a rumour about a holden product and Ford is getting thrown under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    won't happen. its a product no one is asking for in my opinion except for a very small group.

how many people are modifying their hilux, ranger, navara, triton etc with go fast bits? any modifications to these cars are mostly to do with offroading.

you only have to look at the majority of cars driving around to know that performance is not high on people's list anymore.
    Wont happen in that Walkinshaw wont make the product?

Or it wont have a halo effect that improves the image and increases the popularity of the Colorado range?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast