Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here comes HSV, the new edition. SUVs front and centre

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Wont happen in that Walkinshaw wont make the product?

Or it wont have a halo effect that improves the image and increases the popularity of the Colorado range?
    well i meant the second, but now that you mention the first....

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    well i meant the second, but now that you mention the first....
    So Halo products don't work?
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Rob,
    There is quite a number of 4x4 dual cab owners who do "mod" engine wise.
    Chips exhaust etc, I guess it would be similar to the passenger car scenario, lets face it the modding numbers is small in the big picture be it the performance tune shops etcetcetc to the "volume" of Joe average sales + fleet etc BUT there is a 4x4 performance world and I guess now that they are dominate in sales the Aftermarket will grow in this offering and its up to the OE's to either have something to sell similar or not bother.
    Some won't bother, Ford will have Raptor Ranger coming, TRD I reckon will up the anti, will Holden have a Factory offering ? or will it just be Aftermarket Walkinshaw offering an alternative ????
    Put it this way - if your IN I reckon good opportunity to make some extra turn over, add in relationships to also install additional 4x4 add on products from ARB,TJM,Opposite Lock etcetcetc Lifestyle and some more power tick the box's for the many to tow,work and play.
    Colorado has been a DOG for yonks (compared to Hilux/Ranger) - its latest guise is looking farfar better and I know some who have modded the engines and love it so a Walky one I hate to say it will tick the box's for that small % and yes its good for the brand for its had the advantage of past Holden link/partnership but will there be a link with the OE ? don't think right ?.
    Question for Norm and all, does the Tickford Ranger give Ford any "halo" knock off ? how are sales ?
    I don't think so and this IS the problem imo.
    Just hope Ford don't keep dragging the chain as they are in many other fields to date in this country.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Yep.

Also I'd say this offering will be Holden's factory product if they're going to the trouble of an engine swap.

Effectively the Walkinshaw badge replaces the HSV one, but sold through holden dealerships as a stand alone model not aftermarket..
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (16th November 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Rob,
    There is quite a number of 4x4 dual cab owners who do "mod" engine wise.
    Chips exhaust etc, I guess it would be similar to the passenger car scenario, lets face it the modding numbers is small in the big picture be it the performance tune shops etcetcetc to the "volume" of Joe average sales + fleet etc BUT there is a 4x4 performance world and I guess now that they are dominate in sales the Aftermarket will grow in this offering and its up to the OE's to either have something to sell similar or not bother.
    Some won't bother, Ford will have Raptor Ranger coming, TRD I reckon will up the anti, will Holden have a Factory offering ? or will it just be Aftermarket Walkinshaw offering an alternative ????
    Put it this way - if your IN I reckon good opportunity to make some extra turn over, add in relationships to also install additional 4x4 add on products from ARB,TJM,Opposite Lock etcetcetc Lifestyle and some more power tick the box's for the many to tow,work and play.
    Colorado has been a DOG for yonks (compared to Hilux/Ranger) - its latest guise is looking farfar better and I know some who have modded the engines and love it so a Walky one I hate to say it will tick the box's for that small % and yes its good for the brand for its had the advantage of past Holden link/partnership but will there be a link with the OE ? don't think right ?.
    Question for Norm and all, does the Tickford Ranger give Ford any "halo" knock off ? how are sales ?
    I don't think so and this IS the problem imo.
    Just hope Ford don't keep dragging the chain as they are in many other fields to date in this country.
    you say it yourself Maurie, its a small group, like i said.

of the 10000+ utes sold every month, how many get performance mods?

there's no way ford would be at all worried about this HSV 'rumour', especially given the history of the general following through with rumours and concepts over the years.

you say it yourself Maurie, its a small group, like i said.

of the 10000+ utes sold every month, how many get performance mods?

there's no way ford would be at all worried about this HSV 'rumour', especially given the history of the general following through with rumours and concepts over the years.
    I can understand why you have that perspective, because you're not a potential consumer.

but many of us are, and as a consumer, or potential consumer what Ford do in the next 2ish years will largely determine if they maintain me as a customer, again.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    I can understand why you have that perspective, because you're not a potential consumer.

but many of us are, and as a consumer, or potential consumer what Ford do in the next 2ish years will largely determine if they maintain me as a customer, again.
    i'm not saying there isn't a market.

i'm just not of the opinion that it will create a big upswing in overall sales.

i'm not saying there isn't a market.

i'm just not of the opinion that it will create a big upswing in overall sales.
    Where as i believe in the Halo effect.

Holden have been emphatic that the resoundingly strong sales of SS products over the years has been as a result of a prominent and vibrant HSV brand.

Many many SS consumers are aspiring HSV owners.

Sure, they may never get there, but they bought an SS instead, because it met their budget.

In much the same way XR has been a poor mans FPV, i've owned 5 XR products now in lieu of my preferred FPV variant.

A Halo High Performance Holden Walkinshaw Colorado will, in my opinion, lead to more and more lower spec Colorado sales, especially if they get their model mix right below it, because suddenly Colorado got cool..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

PG2 (16th November 2017)

yes I hear you Rob, a small group it is, BUT its the profits that are better than the bread and butter offerings.
    Thats one of the main case pints, less volume but better ROI.
    IMO, put it this way, me as a possible purchaser of a NEW modded hipo 4x4 OR SUV, will I buy a Tickford ? or even a Herrod or Harrop modded Mustang ?
    Not a chance from NEW, if it was a proper Factory version for bloody sure and how many current Wildtrak etc customers would add more to their new purchase IF more options were made available ? tyhis is the crystal ball..
    The numbers could be higher than we think as long as the package was presented and complete ex Showroom.
    I notice joe public has been buying those pseudo sport looking Sorrento or Sportage's, I look and think wtf but customers are buying, if there was a proper hipo 4x4/SUV I guess will gain some traction.
    Look at AMG's/X anything Bimmer/Audi SLine SUV hipo, I see them everywhere in Sydney so what of the $40-70k market to fill.

By the way, 2nd 3rd owners are the Aftermarket customer in general.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Validated User
    what's the mustang?

focus RS?

a rumour about a holden product and Ford is getting thrown under the bus.
    I am certainly not throwing Ford under the bus. I honestly thought it was a fair question, as opposed to it being a statement, and did say other companies appear or seem to have the same thinking.

I personally have no interest in Mustang and/or Focus RS and this is despite there being a Focus in our family. I do understand that others have more than a passing interest in these cars though.

I feel that Halo models should be model specific and not just brand specific. A 4x4 Dual Cab buyer may not be interest at all in a Focus RS and vise versa.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PG2 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (16th November 2017)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast