Thread: Ford IP, the clocks ticking....

Ford IP, the clocks ticking....

So we're faced once again with a looming deadline to Homologate either Mustang or Mondeo for Season 2019.

Feels like only yesterday we were sweating on Mustang in the wake of the revelation PRA were a long way into the CAD of it.

You wouldn't want to be pushed past March/April for IP approval, so what are peoples thoughts on this?

Will we get something from Ford or will FGX race into 2019?
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Futura (4th December 2017),HSE2 (4th December 2017)

I think for Ford this is the least of their worries imo.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

more than happy for the FGX falcon to race on well into 2019.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Futura For This Useful Post:

Perko (4th December 2017),Randel (4th December 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    I think for Ford this is the least of their worries imo.
    In terms of a business, I agree but if the procrastination about images association is real, does it not also stand to reason they have achieved nothing while a Ford badge is projected as being competitive on track.

At what point does falcon still getting headlines damage what Ford are trying to achieve?

The first step is gaining approval to use the Ford badge on merchandise. Typical PRA membership is this month and we receive an article of clothing that’s endorsed.

The order for 2018 merchandise would be close to requiring finalisation.

Ford have that decision to make. I suspect it’s already been given and a yes.

Which makes the IP debate rather stupid.

With PRA we expect the team name to change so sometime in the coming weeks the first clues might surface.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Yes.

If Ford are ok for their logo to adorn merchandise and the cars (See The Shell Cars) then its not that great a leap to allow body shape too.

Someone at Richmond needs to swallow their pride and let this happen quickly.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I agree fellas.
    My earlier post is just how they have been operating for all these years - up/down in/out/who's on 1st ?/whats on 2nd ?
    Maybe they need more females - were always told their multi tasking skills are farfar better than males
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

I would suspect the use of the brands IP has been green-lighted already in terms of Ford logos. Use of other Ford cars other than Falcon I suspect will come with a bit of encouragement from Ford in the US. I think we have Roger Penske to thank for that.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

I would have thought if ford was going to allow the use of any vehicle then mondeo would be the smarter choice?
    Mustang needs no help in the market, either sales or awareness.
    Mondeo needs all the help it can get, plus you would think it would be an easier fit to the supercar chassis than a coupe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.