Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HSV Walkinshaw post 2017.

Validated User
    Just in, Mustang November sales - 711

Camaro may seem better equipped for now but the 2018 Mustang will answer a lot of requests
    from buyers that narrow the equipment gap that exists between the current Mustang and Camaro.

The great part is that Ford Aus doesn't have to finds hundreds of millions to get a new Mustang,
    they don't have to find money for RHD conversion of additional marketing resources for a car that
    basically sells itself but what they must do is source the models and variations our buyers crave.

If this was a HSV initiative, I's applaud it as being gutsy and answering the calls of HSV buyers
    but this is a Holden initiative, it's all they could do with limited factory support. So lie the rest
    of the onlookers, I'll be interested to see how this one plays out...

are buyers going to feel short changed?

Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    Just in, Mustang November sales - 711

Camaro may seem better equipped for now but the 2018 Mustang will answer a lot of requests form buyers
    narrowing the equipment gap that exists between the current Mustang and Camaro.

The great part is that Ford Aus doesn't have to finds hundreds of millions to get a new Mustang, they don't have
    to find money for RHD conversion of additional marketing resources for a car that basically sells itself.
    Ford are probably inadvertently lobbing MY18 around the same time as Camaro come on stream too, October 2018.

So their tardy release date might actually work for them.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I'm reading 80k for a supercharged camaro. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    so no 4 door performance cars offering from HSV. Just utes and 2 door coupes.
    I wonder which other company does that?

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    I'm reading 80k for a supercharged camaro. Not bad.
    Not a chance, the ZL1 is not coming.
    As reported exclusively by motoring.com.au in July, the 2018 Camaro will be imported and converted to right-hand drive by Holden Special Vehicles (HSV) at its Clayton facility in Melbourne, starting next July.

Joining the Silverado pick-up in Chevrolet outlets alongside HSV and Holden dealers, it will be offered as a single V8 coupe variant based on North Americaís better-equipped 2SS spec and powered by GMís circa-340kW/615Nm 6.2-litre GenV LT1 V8.

There will be no convertible, nor the top-shelf Camaro ZL1 powered a supercharged 485kW LT4 V8, which can hit 60mph (97km/h) in a claimed 3.5 seconds with optional 10-speed auto.

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...tralia-110117/

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Ford are probably inadvertently lobbing MY18 around the same time as Camaro come on stream too, October 2018.

So their tardy release date might actually work for them.
    Gotta admit that seems to be the plan, the 2017 would be terribly underwhelming
    against the new 2SS Camaro but the 18 Mustang not so much, especially if it costs
    significantly less goes just as hard with an auto and is more widely available...

Interestingly, Ford seems to be keeping available Mustang local inventory at around 1100 cars
    or at least what we see on places like carpoint...maybe sales stay good thanks to lower prices?

Oh, and total since Jan 1, 2016 is now 14,922 cars...
    Last edited by jpd80; 8th December 2017 at 07:50 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jpd80 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (8th December 2017)

Well that was an anti climax.
    I really expected more from the colorado.
    Camaro is nice on another note.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Randel (9th December 2017)

Validated User
    I wonder if that Colorado is a place holder while they ready a more performance oriented version...
    Similarly, the Camaro is basically a Holden initiative that gives HSV valuable work to do while future
    options are discussed.

Make no mistake, the 2SS Camaro is a quick well appointed car that can probably justify its higher price,
    the question is whether the Commodore faithful will get over the loss of local production and embrace a
    new product that becomes available thanks to HSV and Holden.

I cant help comparing what HSV have here to Tickford. I can only imagine what could be achieved if Ford gave Tickford itís full support. Considering they donít this demonstrates that the Tickford line up is pretty impressive. What is missing however is full factory support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    I cant help comparing what HSV have here to Tickford. I can only imagine what could be achieved if Ford gave Tickford it’s full support. Considering they don’t this demonstrates that the Tickford line up is pretty impressive. What is missing however is full factory support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am not sure Ford want to support anything performance except for Mustang. They cold have easily brought out a Endura (still hate that name) Sport or a Mondeo Sport, but their silence is deafening. The only proper performance car Ford have today is the 5.0 Mustang, and only because Mustang wouldn't be taken seriously without the V8.
    Deutschland, Deutschland Łber alles
    Volkswagen Number 3 - Passat Alltrack 130TDi

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast