Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BREAKING. 2019 GT500 pics leaked.

The fact that they have gone with developing a bespoke inverted manifold and intercooler for the blown 5.2 would suggust to me they are taking a more global compliance pathway, compared to previous attempts with the more traditional top mount kits.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Validated User
    The issue for me is that like Ian, I think these specials won't come to Australia or even grouped RHD markets
    which is a damned shame, given the interest shown by diehard fans embracing the Mustang.

also glad to be proved completely wrong as RHD Mustang buyers probably have deeper pockets than most think.
    The integral design of the blower and manifold would suggest that they are making efforts to keep engine profile
    as low as possible to comply with Euro pedestrian crash protection

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    The fact that they have gone with developing a bespoke inverted manifold and intercooler for the blown 5.2 would suggust to me they are taking a more global compliance pathway, compared to previous attempts with the more traditional top mount kits.
    they could of used our Australian Miami engine. upgrade to the latest 2.65L supercharger and intercooler it.

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    they could of used our Australian Miami engine. upgrade to the latest 2.65L supercharger and intercooler it.
    NOT MADE IN AMERICAN

OZY SHIT

USA NUMBER 1

Just some confected reasons that spring to mind

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (20th December 2017),kypez (14th December 2017),Randel (15th December 2017)

I'm not disputing that wouldnt be an attractive option (to us), but I also suspect that alot more recent development has gone into the new 5.2. The Miami really needed to be in 2015-17 era Mustang, or used in the Ford SVO Taurus or Raptor etc
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

jpd80 (13th December 2017)

Validated User
    The Miami was basically a cottage industry hand built engine, that suits a small market
    but it also had a lot of short coming thanks to the available tech and ECU used.

The Americans went away from the cast in sleeves and apply them using spray bore PTAW
    which results in a much stronger bore, I think the deck is now thicker too, full IVCT,
    Port fuel and Direct Injection for better mixture control and detonation suppression.

Just a better mouse trap but I can almost guarantee that Miami gave them the data
    that showed them where they needed to progress.....Remember, they also had the GT500
    up and running in 2007 long before Miami was developed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jpd80 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (13th December 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    The issue for me is that like Ian, I think these specials won't come to Australia or even grouped RHD markets
    which is a damned shame, given the interest shown by diehard fans embracing the Mustang.

also glad to be proved completely wrong as RHD Mustang buyers probably have deeper pockets than most think.
    The integral design of the blower and manifold would suggest that they are making efforts to keep engine profile
    as low as possible to comply with Euro pedestrian crash protection
    Until the US market regulations comes into line with the rest of the world, their hero cars are just too outside whatbcan be sold here. I think 2020 is a big step for them and gets us close.

The other consideration is exclusivity. With GT350 it also appeared they wanted to keep that a special car for the home market.

For the time being I think we are relegated to armchair gazing, cheering on the fact that ford are building such a car.

I think our time will come.

It looks like the king of the hill Camaro has the same issues.

It’s situation normal. We just have to wait the Americans to catch up.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

jpd80 (14th December 2017)

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (20th December 2017),Jim (19th December 2017),jpd80 (19th December 2017)

I like this stuff but its so moot isn't it.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123