Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Holden culls more than 70 dealerships in anticipation of customer backlash.

There will be a flurry of registered demos early on.

That said I can’t see ZB selling much more then 6-700 a month.

The big question is where will the other 2000 od traditional Commodore consumers end up?

Mustang? Stinger? euro? Light trucks/SUVs?

Most will leave the brand.

That’s a huge hole to fill and Holden know it hence the dealership cull.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    Sorry I'm a little lost here..
    Are you saying that Commodore / Astra sales reported by Vfacts are not all sales to buyers
    but could / probably include a lot of unsold new car registrations at dealerships?

and if so, would the same be true for Colorado?

If that's a yes to both, then Holden sales will take a massive hit in the next month or so.
    Nothing more than the conjuring you mentioned to get seven year warranty, and boost 2017 "sales"

Holden selling 600-700 ZB Commodores a month?
    Sure, why not but not at those sticker price currently being quoted, that's just Holden in denial..
    VFACTs is reported registrations which includes demos as they all have to be registered to qualify for demo bonus etc.
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT
    2017 SEADOO RXT300RS JETSKI

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    I'm going to say yes jpd.
    I was listening to a motoring show on radio just the other night and they quoted the only way Astra sold in the numbers of late Dec actually making it look great was because the Dealers purchase's of stock, this is obviously passed on by GM (and I guess every OE units sold p/m).......
    Just as Sprint or any other special also is quoted as "sold out" - thats ex Factory sales units confirmed sold and thats to the Dealer network first up - they are the buyer..
    There's a difference. VFACTS relies on registrations, not what is sold to the public or to dealers from the manufacturer. When manufacturers say a certain model is sold out, like GTF / Sprint / Commodore Motorsport they are referring to dealer allocations, dealers are offered a number of cars and given the opportunity to take them or refuse some (some cases they don't get the option). So when FPV used to come out and say they were sold out it was a bit of a marketing ploy, while they were sold out dealers were not.

In the case of Astra that was simply registration of demo cars, driven and undriven.
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dash gt For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (11th January 2018),jpd80 (11th January 2018)

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    There will be a flurry of registered demos early on.

That said I can’t see ZB selling much more then 6-700 a month.

The big question is where will the other 2000 od traditional Commodore consumers end up?

Mustang? Stinger? euro? Light trucks/SUVs?

Most will leave the brand.

That’s a huge hole to fill and Holden know it hence the dealership cull.
    Yes and the predominate stayers with ZB will be the likes of Rentals / National fleet deals where the margins are tight.

Holden and their dealers are in trouble, the margins made out of Commodore over the last 4 - 5 years are well and truely gone.
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dash gt For This Useful Post:

4Vman (11th January 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    Sorry I'm a little lost here..
    Are you saying that ..................... sales reported by Vfacts are not all sales to buyers
    but could / probably include a lot of unsold new car registrations at dealerships?

and if so, would the same be true for EVERY MANUFACTURER?

If that's a yes to both, then ....................... sales will take a massive hit in the next month or so.
    fixed your reply a bit jp.

But 100% true. When I was working with manufacturers and dealers, the one thing you could guarantee was new car (demo) in December, one year I had 3 in December.

They put them back on the lot as ex demo or exec vehicles with minimal kms. Some Ford dealers used to register them and never leave the showroom. They always sold because everyone loves a bargain.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

jpd80 (11th January 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    fixed your reply a bit jp.

But 100% true. When I was working with manufacturers and dealers, the one thing you could guarantee was new car (demo) in December, one year I had 3 in December.

They put them back on the lot as ex demo or exec vehicles with minimal kms. Some Ford dealers used to register them and never leave the showroom. They always sold because everyone loves a bargain.
    I bought my FG as an ex demo, in January, had 23ks on it.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

jpd80 (11th January 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    I bought my FG as an ex demo, in January, had 23ks on it.
    The only stipulation was that they had to be registered for a calander month, didnt have to do any k's or even have the plates fitted
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456