Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumor, Ford have cancelled 2020 S650 Mustang platform.

Rumor, Ford have cancelled 2020 S650 Mustang platform.

Huge rumor...

10,000 staff to go too.

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

If true, Australia wont be getting any of the high performance model. Ford wont spend the time or money in making it a true global car.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Futura For This Useful Post:

4Vman (4th January 2018)

Validated User
    Just a few thoughts here, the S660 was never announced to be a clean sheet design,
    the S550 in fact being a heavy evolution of S197 before it. we;ve just seen a huge
    pull ahead of equipment to keep parody with Camaro, I think S660 is here already...

but listen, the inside Scoop is that Explorer and Aviator are suppose to be going to CD6 RWD AWD
    One of the guys I talk to has a relative engineer working of the Explorer/ Aviator, comfirms as RWD

and i could see Mustang and the cars being companions on that much the same as Falcon/Terry.
    I hoping that NAIAS will reveal a few mysteries.

Having said that Jim Hackett is proving to be a real tool, lots of disquiet internally
    as he guts the place to save costs and chase rainbows and unicorn for wall street.
    He's gonna do a lot of damage...

Good news over night, Ford went so close to selling 90,000 F series last month
    and just short of 900K F Series for the year...check out the official release here

Included for context, we are very small in the Ford universe..

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpd80 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (5th January 2018),Burnout (5th January 2018)

I think that's why the worlds manufacturing is in the shit. Companies all chasing profits to keep share holders happy. The return on investment is all that matters today, not the people working hard to produce the product. If u own a business that goes global don't put it on the stock exchange or open it to public investment.

Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    Just a few thoughts here, the S660 was never announced to be a clean sheet design,
    the S550 in fact being a heavy evolution of S197 before it. we;ve just seen a huge
    pull ahead of equipment to keep parody with Camaro, I think S660 is here already...

but listen, the inside Scoop is that Explorer and Aviator are suppose to be going to CD6 RWD AWD
    One of the guys I talk to has a relative engineer working of the Explorer/ Aviator, comfirms as RWD

and i could see Mustang and the cars being companions on that much the same as Falcon/Terry.
    I hoping that NAIAS will reveal a few mysteries.

Having said that Jim Hackett is proving to be a real tool, lots of disquiet internally
    as he guts the place to save costs and chase rainbows and unicorn for wall street.
    He's gonna do a lot of damage...

Good news over night, Ford went so close to selling 90,000 F series last month
    and just short of 900K F Series for the year...check out the official release here

Included for context, we are very small in the Ford universe..
    It's possible Ford have been forced by GM to pull forward considerable content to keep up with Camaro rendering S650 less relevent.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

jpd80 (5th January 2018)

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    It's possible Ford have been forced by GM to pull forward considerable content to keep up with Camaro rendering S650 less relevent.
    Perhaps GT350 was the S650 hiding in plain sight, I recall that those cars and their Magneride suspension
    had different pick up points which is why the early Gen 6 cars couldn't be fitted with it.

Mustang had a great December in the US with over 7,700 sales and 451 here (9,615 for 2017)
    By Comparison, Camaro sold 3800 and still stuck with 10,000 2017s to shift...

To be honest, no one has heard a peep on either the S650 rumor or engineering cuts,
    I think a lot of project work is being reassigned to trucks and SUVs, so maybe someone
    misinterpreted what was said....

Validated User
    Someone I converse with who works at Ford Dearborn posted this:

It's all black clouds for us employees. Add to all of the above we'll be launching a 7 year-old Ranger, eventually, about 3 years later than we should have, This company is so disorganized and dysfunctional right now, they had salaried buy-outs available and so many people signed up, they had to hire an outside company to come in and interview people to find out why so many people were unhappy and wanted to leave. They then cancelled all the buyouts and now everybody is even more unhappy.
    Since Hacket took over and started meddling, morale has dropped through the floor boards,
    lots of experiened people are signing up to leave the ship, the brass shit their pants and hired
    a HR company to find out why...they realised that it was going to cost a fortune to cover all the
    redundancies so they just up and cancelled everything..
    seriously they couldn't find their own asses with a flashlight...

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jpd80 For This Useful Post:

383gxl (7th January 2018),Burnout (5th January 2018),Perko (7th January 2018)

Some leaders are chosen for their strength in navigating towards growth and scale. Others, to navigate through challenging economic circumstances and make the hard decisions that result in cost-cutting and shifting current expenditure. No prizes for picking which type of leader is more popular.

Hacket's actions represent the wishes and directives of the board. He will invest their money in resources where the company sees most opportunity into the future. Ford has made no bones about their intent to reduce their investment in sedans (reallocating $7 billion of capital to light trucks, internet technologies and soon to be electric vehicles).

I can only assume this rumor may have stemed from this. People clearly still love Mustang but Ford are looking ahead and having to determine what the market wants in 3 to 5 years time and how their will respond to this. They want to investmnent in products that will have high utilization and variants so they have platform where components can be shared and economies capitialised.

To me that doesnt sound like Mustang. I think we will see less varients of it and this MY18 range and GT500 will be the last of their kind before Mustang, as we know it, gets a major rethink.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Or...Ford has been reading the near-medium term tea leaves and has forecast some serious economic or geopolitical turmoil that requires them to make some drastic decisions and shitcan some things. Just sayin'

And this YouTuber is a bit of a tool too. He might be right, but he has a dubious record.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast