Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford debuts new Edge ST ahead of Detroit auto show

Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    They reverted back to old Ford the day Fields took over.
    One broadside delivered to Ford Performances Facebook page.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (12th January 2018),Paxton (12th January 2018),Perko (14th January 2018)

You can’t call yourself a genuine global player while at the same time taking income from every global region you sell every day products in, that will obviously in some way help to fund development of exciting performance products that end up exclusively for the US market.

They need to stop this rubbish now..
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    You can’t call yourself a genuine global player while at the same time taking income from every global region you sell every day products in to in some way help to fund development of exciting performance products that end up exclusively for the US market.

They need to stop this rubbish now..
    It's strange isn't it.

Other than the exotics, there aren't really all that many car manufacturers that ignore 33% of the market (Right Hand Drive). VW for example (because I am up to number 3, why not...) sell their 206TSi Passat in Germany, as well as Australia. We can get all the HI-PO BMW and Mercedes Benzes we could ask for (and in my area, that's lots), however in Australia, Ford just think we would be happy with Endura (like seriously, what a terrible fucking name) with a 2.0 Diesel. These things won't be competitive with the remainder of the market (Try getting a Freddy Kluger in Diesel) let alone the Santa Fe and Sorrento Diesels.

Ford invented this segment in Australia (including the Performance arena with the F6X and Territory Turbo), and again, it's like they don't give a shit. You can't release a car in the USA, which is basically identical to the car you are going to sell locally, and then as a foot note, mention that only the subjects of Trump will receive it. Same with the Mustang GT350, same as the Fusion Sport, same as the bloody petrol Edge.

Take away Ranger, and Ford will be a footnote in the Australian car industry. A company that made a pretty good car here for a while, that lots of peoples' dads and grandfathers owned.
    Deutschland, Deutschland über alles
    Volkswagen Number 3 - Passat Alltrack 130TDi

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paxton For This Useful Post:

4Vman (12th January 2018),defective (12th January 2018),FTe217 (15th January 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
    It's strange isn't it.

Other than the exotics, there aren't really all that many car manufacturers that ignore 33% of the market (Right Hand Drive). VW for example (because I am up to number 3, why not...) sell their 206TSi Passat in Germany, as well as Australia. We can get all the HI-PO BMW and Mercedes Benzes we could ask for (and in my area, that's lots), however in Australia, Ford just think we would be happy with Endura (like seriously, what a terrible fucking name) with a 2.0 Diesel. These things won't be competitive with the remainder of the market (Try getting a Freddy Kluger in Diesel) let alone the Santa Fe and Sorrento Diesels.

Ford invented this segment in Australia (including the Performance arena with the F6X and Territory Turbo), and again, it's like they don't give a shit. You can't release a car in the USA, which is basically identical to the car you are going to sell locally, and then as a foot note, mention that only the subjects of Trump will receive it. Same with the Mustang GT350, same as the Fusion Sport, same as the bloody petrol Edge.

Take away Ranger, and Ford will be a footnote in the Australian car industry. A company that made a pretty good car here for a while, that lots of peoples' dads and grandfathers owned.
    Even the exotics look after right hand markets.

The euros dominate right hand drive.

Why is it that both Ford and GM find it so damn hard to handle right hand markets???
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Even the exotics look after right hand markets.

The euros dominate right hand drive.

Why is it that both Ford and GM find it so damn hard to handle right hand markets???
    Ford and GM had it easy up until five years ago. Their Antipodean outposts (Holden and Ford Australia) covered the appetites that Australians had for performance cars. Holden nailed the V8 market, and Ford had the Turbo Six and tuning market to themselves. I remember when BA XR6T came out, and a good mate of mine thought Ford had admitted defeat - that it was too hard to make more power from the I6...

Now 50 years of heritage is consigned to the garbage heap, they have both been caught napping. Ford had a far longer lead time to get this sorted and still failed.

The Euros have had a bloody long time selling to the Poms who still drive on the correct side of the road, and for us, all they basically do is build a car for England, and throw a metric dash in it. Ford/GM (and Chrysler to a smaller degree) have never had to worry about this before now, but Ford and GM both have cars that are on platforms that have right hand drive siblings which should be built here. What was the reason for no Mondeo ST? That's right - the factory can't build them or something...
    Deutschland, Deutschland über alles
    Volkswagen Number 3 - Passat Alltrack 130TDi

To add to this if the rumored pricing of Endura is correct proportionally this would be a $90K + Car onroad...

This alone might seal its fate in our showrooms.
    That SRT Jeep Money. And at that price the Jeep has everything in it. Not just 354kw. but 8 speed, flappy paddles, Brembo's, Nappa leather heated cooled seats, full moon roof, 19 speaker Bose, auto lights wipers etc etc etc

Endura would be a bit smaller, which is probably good, and use less fuel (as would a Locomotive)

$90K also buys you a Rangie Velar or XC90 or so many other good SUV's
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    That SRT Jeep Money. And at that price the Jeep has everything in it. Not just 354kw. but 8 speed, flappy paddles, Brembo's, Nappa leather heated cooled seats, full moon roof, 19 speaker Bose, auto lights wipers etc etc etc

Endura would be a bit smaller, which is probably good, and use less fuel (as would a Locomotive)

$90K also buys you a Rangie Velar or XC90 or so many other good SUV's
    It just cant be that type of money. Not for the target audience Ford is aiming at. Between $60-$70k maybe?
    The continued success of the Audi SQ5 has shown the market loves a quality mid size, high powered SUV. Those start around the $100k mark.
    http://www.caradvice.com.au/565632/2...di-sq5-review/
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    It just cant be that type of money. Not for the target audience Ford is aiming at. Between $60-$70k maybe?
    The continued success of the Audi SQ5 has shown the market loves a quality mid size, high powered SUV. Those start around the $100k mark.
    http://www.caradvice.com.au/565632/2...di-sq5-review/
    Ford need to build a premium image if it's to attract a premium price over it's marketplace percieved pricepoint competition (hyundai, kia etc)..

yes Norm and you've got to crawl before you can walk.
    Ford are NOT Premium to the market to date yet they think they can release new models and at times be above the market leaders which they certainly are NOT.
    They have a hill to climb and it takes time backed up by good customer service at Sales and Servicing day in day out.
    In time they can lift their prices but for now they have to climb the mountain for which they are trying to short cut to date.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    I love it. Shame it's not coming here.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12