Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Ford unveil Bullitt Mustang.

  1. #11
    Validated User WASP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    3,271
    I have to admit, they may think a Bullitt version of the Mustang in the Australian market will have no, or very little relevance. It's a bit like making a Mad Max special edition model for the US. As someone that loves Mustangs I would love to see the Bullitt down here. It doesnt bother me that joe average may not see the connection. If nothing else, the performace upgrades would be sort after.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

    4Vman (15th January 2018)

  3. #12
    Miami Sprint. 4Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    19,957
    Yep.

    I’d much rather PP2 than Bullitt.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

  4. #13
    Aussie Fords FTe217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Driving my cars as much as I can
    Posts
    10,750
    All I'm saying is good luck for hipo and better than std showroom options is my guess.
    ADR's etc have put this into too much investment for the bean counter nth america centric company.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

  5. #14
    Validated User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Yep.

    I’d much rather PP2 than Bullitt.
    Maybe on a bunch of white cars with blue stripes?

  6. #15
    Miami Sprint. 4Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    19,957
    Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    Maybe on a bunch of white cars with blue stripes?
    Hmm, maybe, not a fan of cobra but stripes can be removed.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

  7. #16
    James. defective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    3,505
    I like that. A lot. Im a fan of the mustang anyway, but I love the way that looks. So restrained but tough at the same time.

    But yeah, fords lost the plot completely. Ford na is clearly all that matters, everywhere else is just funding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

  8. #17
    7753 - 5030 HSE2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,288
    Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    I have to admit, they may think a Bullitt version of the Mustang in the Australian market will have no, or very little relevance. It's a bit like making a Mad Max special edition model for the US. As someone that loves Mustangs I would love to see the Bullitt down here. It doesnt bother me that joe average may not see the connection. If nothing else, the performace upgrades would be sort after.
    Exactly. Its not so much that we would see this car the same way as in the US. I wouldn’t, it’s not that relevant to me, but what’s wrong with Ford Aust conceiving a limited edition based off this package that might just be attractive.


    This is because there is no one with imagination, no one looking for opportunities for RHD markets.

    We shut out team down. Gone off to work on something for China most likely.

    Where is the person looking to boost every model on sale here in Australia.

    This is what happens when you don’t have a HSV version locally. The notion that we can fix ourselves from afar appears to be flawed.


    I don’t think it will be like this forever. The moment US cars are forced to be closer to own spec, the more the excuse reduces.

    Ford might have been first to go globally with their hero car, but it will be competition that dictates what comes next.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

  9. #18
    Miami Sprint. 4Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    19,957
    If you took elements of bullitt and combined them with some from PP2 you could build one hell of a Mustang special for AU, potentially near enough to GT350.

    But the vision and motivation just isn't there.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

  10. #19
    I Bleed Blue Elks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,974
    Bullit version. Bwhahahaha. We cant even get a 2018 GT with no options.

    FoA, need to start thinking ahead. They have had 2 smash hits with Ranger and Mustang. Both then had major supply issues, but they need to now capitalise on the momentum they created. Bullit, GT350, PP2 are all there for the taking. It's just a business case. Adding Green Paint, 19 Torque thrust wheels, Gear knob and a new manifold are all things that would no effort to have on a car here. Bring in 68 cars, they will all be sold before they land.

    As for interest in Steve McQueen in Aus. I have a buddy that has an original McQueen 'LeMans' poster. He was offer $5k for it. I'm sure the cars would sell.

    Herrod is building 2 supercharged stangs a week. at a cost of $20k over the base donor car. There is demand for it.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

  11. #20
    Miami Sprint. 4Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    19,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    Bullit version. Bwhahahaha. We cant even get a 2018 GT with no options.

    FoA, need to start thinking ahead. They have had 2 smash hits with Ranger and Mustang. Both then had major supply issues, but they need to now capitalise on the momentum they created. Bullit, GT350, PP2 are all there for the taking. It's just a business case. Adding Green Paint, 19 Torque thrust wheels, Gear knob and a new manifold are all things that would no effort to have on a car here. Bring in 68 cars, they will all be sold before they land.

    As for interest in Steve McQueen in Aus. I have a buddy that has an original McQueen 'LeMans' poster. He was offer $5k for it. I'm sure the cars would sell.

    Herrod is building 2 supercharged stangs a week. at a cost of $20k over the base donor car. There is demand for it.
    Wait till the MY18 pricing is released here...

    That $20K people had to spend at Herrods just got gobbled up by Ford.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •