Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Passenger cars not a priority in Australia: David fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    The threat is real for the traditional sedan. It's simply stuck in no mans land between cheap, mostly korean hatches and SUV's.

What Ford need to do with their SUV is work on the S. Because their current range is just UV's
    Yep.

Firstly Sedan sales (in all sizes) have been eroded away to expose what's left as mainly performance/premium/luxury.

There's still demand for performance/premium/luxury sedans (Ask MB/Audi/BMW/AMG etc), it's just that these products aren't that popular in the US so Ford have no motivation to compete with the Euro's.

Good analogy Too Tony, Ford and the Asian/Korean car companies sell MPV's, (Multi Purpose Vehicles) not true SUV's.

Edge ST will be fords first foray (outside of Territory turbo and F6X) into the true SUV space.

Raptor will be a SOV: Sports Offroad Vehicle.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Well I am prepared to say the world has gone mad and a correction is on the way.

Lifestyle products are fantastic, serve the "what if" mantra perfectly. Electrification doesn't really suit that all that well.

Products go in cycles. The passenger car will come back when people realise the size of this trucks is worse than the large sedan they removed from our lives
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

Randel (19th January 2018)

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    Well I am prepared to say the world has gone mad and a correction is on the way.

Lifestyle products are fantastic, serve the "what if" mantra perfectly. Electrification doesn't really suit that all that well.

Products go in cycles. The passenger car will come back when people realise the size of this trucks is worse than the large sedan they removed from our lives
    I dont know about that.

The vision out of an SUV / 4X4 is far better then a sedan or small car. They are also easier to get in and out of and in a lot of cases most have extra seating ability.

The midsize / large sedan market is on the way out. Has been for the last 10 years.
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT
    2017 SEADOO RXT300RS JETSKI

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dash gt For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (19th January 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by dash gt View Post
    I dont know about that.

The vision out of an SUV / 4X4 is far better then a sedan or small car. They are also easier to get in and out of and in a lot of cases most have extra seating ability.

The midsize / large sedan market is on the way out. Has been for the last 10 years.
    It comes back to the passion for motoring and performance.

If that continues to be policed out of existence so will demand for Sports performance products
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post

The world is in a constant state of correction Ian That said, I'm unsure of the large sedan will return as we've known them, but large 'like' autonomous sedans may.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Quote Originally Posted by dash gt View Post
    I dont know about that.

Yep.. Time is approaching for the Jeep to go. And we have been shopping around with for a new car for the wife. And guess what, sedan/hatch is off the list. We were in a new car showroom, sat in a mid size sedan, and nope, no longer ok. She now likes the High driving position because she can see over the traffic. ( Although soon everyone will be in an SUV and the advantage will be lost.)
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (19th January 2018),Randel (19th January 2018)

The argument for the demise of the large sedan was the running costs
    Almost all SUVs cost more to run
    Tyres / fuel / servicing are just as dear, if not dearer

I hate the suvs when driving a proper car, they are so big you cant see around/ over them
    Bant the things
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post

I hate the suvs when driving a proper car, they are so big you cant see around/ over them
    Bant the things
    Wish I could 'thanks' this post more than once .

When people realise the cost of their SUV tyres, after stepping up from a Getz or Corolla.... But at least you can see over the traffic, and go off road up that kerb when dropping the kiddies off at school... LOL Priceless

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Randel For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (19th January 2018)

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post

Bant the things
    People are prepared to bare the cost with the extra functionality and safety. The bigger the car the safer it is some people believe.
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT
    2017 SEADOO RXT300RS JETSKI

New BMW X4 "SUV"

Anyone else notice the subtle changing of BMW SUV's?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast