Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Passenger cars not a priority in Australia: David fleet.

Bimmers are looking better and better of late, they have picked up their game and I'm glad they have.
    Nearly every series now is refreshed, looking good.
    Hello Ford, they have available sedan/wagon/SUV from 3series on incl Performance for EVERY market.

I don't get the anger/rage over the size of the SUV in front but I do if the driver is an idiot.
    These things don't annoy me when I'm in my sedans or other normal height cars.
    I have to confess loving being up high in the hilux and I do use its size to my advantage at times that would annoy the driver/s I have past or blocked but purely because I know how to do it without being an absolute git.
    Just as Tony, I would love a SRT Jeep, a Mseries X4/5/6 AMG etcetc in SUV's as much as having them in sedans as well.
    I just love driving whatever some more than other types.
    Yes Randel those load rated SUV tyres cost a bomb for Joe Public, thats life.
    Bro inlaws XC90 tyres were around $900 a pop.
    I don't think its about the running costs but more so the practicability, the height loading things in the back makes life easier to the norm, 7seaters are available etc just makes sense - time has moved on for the family car instead of sedans and I get it very much.
    Even the poxy Hilux for me, I was just talking with the wife with the buying/selling of the house the last 2mths.
    The poxy hilux has been damn brilliant for hauling loads, added with a trailer its been great - a sedan with trailer would have been 4more loads easy.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Stupidity reigns supreme at the Blue Oval. We can't market quality products properly so what we do it drop them from the range and focus on a small sector and hope that is our saviour! Kind of stinks on something we have just gone through......our beloved Falcon. Stick your head up your arse and hope the market doesn't change or that your shit marketing will maybe get better one day.

Any jobs going at head office because it must be charity city for retards at management level. Sign me up!
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

Elks (21st January 2018),FTe217 (20th January 2018),Randel (19th January 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    New BMW X4 "SUV"

Anyone else notice the subtle changing of BMW SUV's?

lol, lets make our SUV look like a wagon or estate... whats old is new again

We had a CLA250 estate in the other day - I actually didnt mind the styling but the wife thought it was terrible for a Merc

I hear what she is saying Randel but like you I actually think they look ok on the eye.
    Sleek styling.
    At least they have wagons and Bimmer was always down that path of SUV suedo wagon from the first model X6 imo.
    Just keeps getting fine tuned now through their range.
    They hit the mark what consumers are looking for - high stance ala SUV now styling as per wagons instead of the straight finished back end like the 1st gen X5 and similar they have been curving them out.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Randel (21st January 2018)

Validated User
    now that most dealerships are part of multi franchise networks, there is little meed
    or encouragement to increase Ford monthly sales.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jpd80 For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (29th January 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    now that most dealerships are part of multi franchise networks, there is little meed
    You can see some dealerships are setup to contract to accommodate greater demand for the co brand they share.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    I agree that diversification will be the key for many dealers. However that should make Ford more hungry to ensure that these dealers have a reason to support them over other brands. I just can't fathom the current train of thought and how it moves the brand forward.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

Elks (21st January 2018),FTe217 (22nd January 2018),Randel (21st January 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    No dealer is going to put up with poor sales from one brand regardless of multi brands.

They would be set up so that need to be viable per brand.

Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    No dealer is going to put up with poor sales from one brand regardless of multi brands.

They would be set up so that need to be viable per brand.

Having worked for many years with organisations with multiple car and truck franchises, from both the dealer and manufacturer standpoint. The clearest way to explain it is water runs downhill. Whilst an individual salesman/woman will push their brand, the management don't care as long is it goes to one of their dealerships.

An example is imagine you're a Multi award winning Ford dealer and you can put Hyundai in where FPV was, you do it. If Ford crack it, and get all heavy with you and make you choose. You tell them bad luck and terminate the Dealership. Then you just move Holden in where Ford was and get on with life. - True story by the way

Dealers long ago stopped being a entrepreneurial local guy with a love of cars. They are now more real estate developers with cars as the way to pay the rent.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

4Vman (22nd January 2018),FTe217 (22nd January 2018),Perko (22nd January 2018),Randel (23rd January 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    Having worked for many years with organisations with multiple car and truck franchises, from both the dealer and manufacturer standpoint. The clearest way to explain it is water runs downhill. Whilst an individual salesman/woman will push their brand, the management don't care as long is it goes to one of their dealerships.

An example is imagine you're a Multi award winning Ford dealer and you can put Hyundai in where FPV was, you do it. If Ford crack it, and get all heavy with you and make you choose. You tell them bad luck and terminate the Dealership. Then you just move Holden in where Ford was and get on with life. - True story by the way

Dealers long ago stopped being a entrepreneurial local guy with a love of cars. They are now more real estate developers with cars as the way to pay the rent.
    Yep.

Brands are just a conduit for customer traffic and ultimately income.

Multi branding on a common site is a means of hedging bets as well as being able to share significant costly common facilities such as back of house admin and service departments.

In many ways multi branding actually attracts more traffic than separate stand alone showrooms because cross shopping is far easier.

Peter Stevens Motorcycles perfected this philosophy 25 years ago and have dominated the market place because of it.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Perko (22nd January 2018)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast