Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Penske looks beyond Ford as Mustang hopes fade.

Th risk for Ford US is if Penske find a new partner out here, it’s not a stretch to see them take the US business as well.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (20th January 2018),Perko (19th January 2018)

I've got a bad feeling for Ford's motorsports effort globally with Hackett in charge.

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Just keep loading that magazine and give people excuses to shoot Ford down and leave. The issue here is that they are alienating the people that have a passion for the badge, the people that will buy products continuously. By pandering to other markets that are not building a brand image, and people will buy purely on price. Good luck with that as Ford cannot compete to the Koreans.

I love this badge. I love my Ford in my shed. However I fear that they will be the last ones that will be in my driveway as this badge keeps moving away from what I want in a car.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

383gxl (20th January 2018),FTe217 (22nd January 2018)

This is what happens down the track with customers, be it consumers/race teams etc, if you don't end up giving/supporting their need you've forced them to shop elsewhere.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

It's like triple 8 all over again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

Futura (22nd January 2018),Perko (23rd January 2018),Randel (23rd January 2018),WASP (20th January 2018)

Ford, driving your business away.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post
    It's like triple 8 all over again...
    That's the feeling I get. Penske, like 888 don't understand that doing business with FoA is like swimming in molasses. Penske would would have approached it like sane and reasonable people. Alas they too will drown I fear.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

defective (22nd January 2018),Perko (22nd January 2018)

How different in size is the Marc car chassis to the Supercars control chassis?

Would the Mustang shape fit the V8 control chassis or would it look out of proportion?

Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    How different in size is the Marc car chassis to the Supercars control chassis?

Would the Mustang shape fit the V8 control chassis or would it look out of proportion?
    Paul Morris claimed on FB the only reason they're not racing Mustang is that it doesn't fit the current control chassis roof line.

While that may be true it doesnt explain why Ford wont allow the use of IP.

They are 2 separate issues.

Looking at the MARC car it looks to have adopted a lot of the COTF2 chassis design elements with differing front and rear clip structure given there's full freedom.

In terms of dimensions i've got no idea.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    That's the feeling I get. Penske, like 888 don't understand that doing business with FoA is like swimming in molasses. Penske would would have approached it like sane and reasonable people. Alas they too will drown I fear.
    Roger is probably used to dealing with Ford NA who are inclusive and supportive of Motorsport.

It must be very frustrating for him having to deal with a division so out of step with the parent organisation.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

383gxl (23rd January 2018),Futura (23rd January 2018)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast