Thread: Tax laws for Dual Cab utes being looked at.

Tax laws for Dual Cab utes being looked at.

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Validated User
    “Previously the rules around private use had been pretty stringent. You hadn’t been able to use them privately at all really. So now there could be more flexibility for people to go to the supermarket, pick up the kids, and go to the doctors in that vehicle without giving the employer a nasty tax surprise further down the line.”
    Proposed changes would see private use of a company vehicle limited to 750km per year, with no single return journey to exceed 200km, and with small diversions between work and home permitted as long as it adds less than 2km to the trip’s total length.

Mark Chapman is the Director of Tax Communications at H&R Block, and says the proposed changes will, overall, be positive for businesses and employees.
    They are literally everywhere, I don't know how the ATO and companies are going to police this,
    maybe in vehicle monitoring for large companies but small companies will let it slide.

This is old, it was brought up last year from memory.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    This is old, it was brought up last year from memory.
    And the same thing happened,
    ATO allows small amounts of infrequent private use, they even quote examples
    of removing rubbish or going to shops......(not going to Cape York for a holiday).

Business as usual.

Not sure this fair, being the only ute u can buy these is a dual cab. Yeah ya can a single cab but they aren't a huge seller

Quote Originally Posted by andrewforbes View Post
    Not sure this fair, being the only ute u can buy these is a dual cab. Yeah ya can a single cab but they aren't a huge seller
    They still moved 30000 units of duel cabs in the last quarter of the year. So they do sell.