Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford unhappy with Escape sales; looking to add "emotive" models.

Validated User
    Don't care what anyone says...

Ford are still in a better position than Holden.

Why is it such a problem that Ranger is propping up Ford's overall sales position? Falcon has done that for god knows how long. Think about it, up until about 10 years ago what other model apart from Falcon was a decent seller in terms of numbers? Laser maybe?

Don't get me wrong, I love Falcons, pretty much all I have owned for most of my driving life.

Yep, Toyota do sell a lot of cars without any sort of halo model or being involved in motor racing. However, Toyota play in the fleet market which is a large part of their sales. Ford have made it clear they don't want to play in that market anymore. I wonder what Toyota's private sales numbers are like?

Quote Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
    Don't care what anyone says...

Ford are still in a better position than Holden.

Why is it such a problem that Ranger is propping up Ford's overall sales position? Falcon has done that for god knows how long. Think about it, up until about 10 years ago what other model apart from Falcon was a decent seller in terms of numbers? Laser maybe?

Don't get me wrong, I love Falcons, pretty much all I have owned for most of my driving life.

Yep, Toyota do sell a lot of cars without any sort of halo model or being involved in motor racing. However, Toyota play in the fleet market which is a large part of their sales. Ford have made it clear they don't want to play in that market anymore. I wonder what Toyota's private sales numbers are like?
    Yeah when you think about Holden you're right.

Losing 2500 sales a month is catastrophic, and with nothing on the books worth buying they'll be relying heavily on loyalty.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    We see this so many times from Ford. We are not happy with this sales or that sales etc. We have also had this conversation here numerous times. Ford are incompetent in Australia. FULLSTOP.

The market has moved on from Falcon and passion. Ford made the choice about the latter. That takes out a group of repeat purchasers. That's fine but don't whinge about repeat business. Next market they don't want to tackle is fleet sales. Once again their choice and that takes out a class of customer, whether right or wrong. So that leaves you with a narrow band to work with. Who are they?

That is the question that Ford has NEVER answered and NEVER put a long term into place to address. Are you looking for the repeat business client who requires value add and is happy to pay for it? For that we know what you need.

Longer term plans to allow time to build a brand awareness.
    A range that reflects that value add.
    A dealer experience that wants people to come back. Not just for the products but also servicing. You want that brand experience.
    Consistent marketing that builds that brand image.

Not trying to be negative but everything I see Ford do comes back to a management structure that still doesn't know what it wants and how to find it out. So whatever solution comes out is compromised from the beginning. No amount of rebadging or halo products will fix that.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    We see this so many times from Ford. We are not happy with this sales or that sales etc. We have also had this conversation here numerous times. Ford are incompetent in Australia. FULLSTOP.

The market has moved on from Falcon and passion. Ford made the choice about the latter. That takes out a group of repeat purchasers. That's fine but don't whinge about repeat business. Next market they don't want to tackle is fleet sales. Once again their choice and that takes out a class of customer, whether right or wrong. So that leaves you with a narrow band to work with. Who are they?

That is the question that Ford has NEVER answered and NEVER put a long term into place to address. Are you looking for the repeat business client who requires value add and is happy to pay for it? For that we know what you need.

Longer term plans to allow time to build a brand awareness.
    A range that reflects that value add.
    A dealer experience that wants people to come back. Not just for the products but also servicing. You want that brand experience.
    Consistent marketing that builds that brand image.

Not trying to be negative but everything I see Ford do comes back to a management structure that still doesn't know what it wants and how to find it out. So whatever solution comes out is compromised from the beginning. No amount of rebadging or halo products will fix that.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

dash gt (2nd February 2018)

Validated User
    This ^^^^

Here is a good example of why its hard to support Ford.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/570243/p...erience-video/
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT
    2017 SEADOO RXT300RS JETSKI

Quote Originally Posted by PG2 View Post

Why is it such a problem that Ranger is propping up Ford's overall sales position?
    Ranger is imported and subject to whims of other markets. ei, asia doesnt want a V8 petrol version or even the 2.3 EB for the US so we get a little diesel. Ranger is now a 6 year old model and being chased hard by other brands. Ranger has had some issues, engine oil and DPF fires. The risk with a 1 model strategy is if something goes wrong for Ford, or right for a competitor your stuffed.

While its unlikely at this stage of its model life, but lets say the Ranger developed a serious warranty issue, like Focus did, and it kills sales or the Euro depreciated with the Brexit pull out, now an Amarok is $10k cheaper. so $44k gets you a V6 Amarok with leather etc. $10k less than an XLT your sales take a hit on 1 model and it's 50% of what you do it has a big impact. True that they were were the Falcon Motor Company, but that wasn't good either.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    Ranger is imported and subject to whims of other markets. ei, asia doesnt want a V8 petrol version or even the 2.3 EB for the US so we get a little diesel. Ranger is now a 6 year old model and being chased hard by other brands. Ranger has had some issues, engine oil and DPF fires. The risk with a 1 model strategy is if something goes wrong for Ford, or right for a competitor your stuffed.

While its unlikely at this stage of its model life, but lets say the Ranger developed a serious warranty issue, like Focus did, and it kills sales or the Euro depreciated with the Brexit pull out, now an Amarok is $10k cheaper. so $44k gets you a V6 Amarok with leather etc. $10k less than an XLT your sales take a hit on 1 model and it's 50% of what you do it has a big impact. True that they were were the Falcon Motor Company, but that wasn't good either.
    Spoton.

Falcon was a different story as they had complete control over it, as did Holden with Commodore up until now.

It upsets me because the product is very good compared to the competition.

Ranger is risky as we have seen supply issues over the years. Supply has only been where it needs to be for around the last 12 months, whether that will stay that way or not is another story.
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT

Supply issues. Check out mustang. No MY2018 until 3rd or 4th quarter 2018. By then 2019 will be in build in the USA.

Short supply also give the dealers the opportunity to price gouge which pisses people off.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    Supply issues. Check out mustang. No MY2018 until 3rd or 4th quarter 2018. By then 2019 will be in build in the USA.

Short supply also give the dealers the opportunity to price gouge which pisses people off.
    Lol no one wants to think about MY18 Mustang....
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT

Quote Originally Posted by dash gt View Post
    Lol no one wants to think about MY18 Mustang....
    Might as well be MY19 by the time it gets here.

Priceing will reflect MY19 anyway.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast