Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ford unhappy with Escape sales; looking to add "emotive" models.

Build products, and experiences that inspire and excite, and the sales will take care of itself.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

Perko (2nd February 2018)

Also interesting that I think this is the first time Ford have acknoldged publically the previous Kuga name was bad.
    Speaking of which, Ford if you do decide to bring the 'Vignale' version to Australia, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CHANGE THE NAME. Just saying....
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Validated User
    I guess for years, Ford lived in denial of what the market wanted, or was that in spite of it.

It is within Ford's power to change the way buyers perceive the company but it takes a change of product
    to do that. Ford cannot complain about sales and keep fronting with the same dated products and almost
    cavalier attitude to product line up and lack of sales, they must compete on some level.

Understand that Australian buyers have different needs to other UK markets, sure fuel economy is important
    but so too is performance and top level trims, true luxury for a really different customer experience.

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Also interesting that I think this is the first time Ford have acknoldged publically the previous Kuga name was bad.
    Speaking of which, Ford if you do decide to bring the 'Vignale' version to Australia, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CHANGE THE NAME. Just saying....
    Dear Ford, PLATINUM

Oh and Territory II for Edge...why is this so hard??

I’m amazed this has taken this long to realize. The XR6 was the biggest selling Ford in Australia for the entire B series life. The B series XR left the E and A series Tickford legacy behind but still had a different look, different suspension and a better interior.

Ford don’t have a model in their lineup remotely similar to that now - no Sport, ST or XR.

I’m not talking about the Performance XR, just the 182/190 engined XR6 - a tarted up GLi.
    Deutschland, Deutschland über alles
    Volkswagen Number 3 - Passat Alltrack 130TDi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paxton For This Useful Post:

jpd80 (2nd February 2018)

Validated User
    Focus Sport could be called XR4

Now The Ranger Motor Company I suppose.
    I'm losing the connect big time.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

flappist (3rd February 2018),Perko (3rd February 2018)

Yep it is interesting to see what has filled the commodore/falcon space.

But here is an emotive question.

If Ford were to make a new mid to large RWD car overseas that was "falconish" but with some of the newer tech and called it Falcon would you buy one?
    If you would not buy it because it was called Falcon would you buy it if it were called something else?
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

Quote Originally Posted by flappist View Post
    Yep it is interesting to see what has filled the commodore/falcon space.

But here is an emotive question.

If Ford were to make a new mid to large RWD car overseas that was "falconish" but with some of the newer tech and called it Falcon would you buy one?
    If you would not buy it because it was called Falcon would you buy it if it were called something else?
    The Name doesnt concern me one bit.

My purchasing decision is 100% specificaton and functionality.

Im not even locked into sedan, Wagon or high performance onroad SUV would do the trick too.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I may buy one in the future Tony if it was an aspirational, like a GT500 type model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

flappist (3rd February 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    I may buy one in the future Tony if it was an aspirational, like a GT500 type model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I need a level of functionality that excludes anything with 2 doors or poor rear passenger and carrying room.

In the absence of a performnce Sedan/Wagon id look at a Sports SUV, but not a token effort and definately NOT something with an offroad bias.

There's lots to like about the new X4, its even reasonably priced.

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

flappist (3rd February 2018),FTe217 (4th February 2018)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast