Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Main Sponsor threatens to exit Supercars if V6's enter the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    This will be very interesting. Would love to know who it is.
    Apparently we will find out today.

What is interesting is we're hearing an apparent influential sponsor talk openly about how they'd like their money used, or the direction of the Sport.

What does this company see in their research that others dont?

Who is right?

ROI. It's one of most companies greatest headaches when it comes to sponsorship.

They spend millions but don't take an active interest in either getting the most value from that money or steering how it's spent.

For me personally if the series is a silhouette parity based series i don't see any benefit in change for the sake of change.

Holden have their reasons for wanting a TTV6, but they might need to start financing other teams if they're going to dictate what engine is used, especially after declaring they'll cease supply of the HMS block at the end of the year to force teams into the TTV6 engine.

If we're going to be all about technology and manufacturer alignment its time to move to a GT4 style of racing.

It removes the need for IP approval and lets manufacturers showcase their own technologies.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Boost mobile.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (8th March 2018)

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    OK fair enough. I agree 100% Norm on ROI. Sponsorship has to provide that and also the type of exposure that the company is looking for. You pay the dollars and you want some sort of say on this. Will be interesting how this moves forward. Does it open the doors for other teams that will retain a V8?
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

had to be a Holden sponsor at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    OK fair enough. I agree 100% Norm on ROI. Sponsorship has to provide that and also the type of exposure that the company is looking for. You pay the dollars and you want some sort of say on this. Will be interesting how this moves forward. Does it open the doors for other teams that will retain a V8?
    As it currently stands Holden will block access to the V8 engine block from the end of the season, if not already.

They want EVERY ZB to be running a TTV6, on top of this Supercars will probably mandate all ZB's from 2019 must be TTV6 if Roland homologates the TTV6 in the ZB for 19.

I don't think Supercars will allow both engines to exist in the same homologated package, they've hinted as much.

That leaves the Ultima, Existing VF's and FGX as the only packages next season that will possibly run a V8.

All 3 of which only have homologation approval till the end of 2019.

A storm really is brewing.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Boost mobile.
    The TTV6 engine would fit in perfectly with Boost Mobile. We put the Boost in the new Boosted Commodore. (TM, C)
    Deutschland, Deutschland über alles
    Volkswagen Number 3 - Passat Alltrack 130TDi

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paxton For This Useful Post:

4Vman (8th March 2018),imike1 (8th March 2018),Randel (9th March 2018)

The end is nigh...

Probably not, but it's just laughable really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

The world, she is a changing, nearly to pancake proportions.

Aston once again looking at a straight six
    Audi with out Quattro, and damn it’s lighter too.

A different sounding engine won’t hurt the sport. Improved production is ok, GT is ok with its different engine noises.

There are many ways to skin a cat as long as the racing is good.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

I just don't like that sc seem to be controlled by Roland. It's all about what he wants n not really what we or the sport wants. The f1 lost the public's interest due the engine change, didn't sound the same. While f1 took steps to improve that it's just not the same.
    We have a very unique sport here n that's what we should build on n take to the world. We all remember the days of turbos n when Ford was winning they weren't to bad a days but it just wasn't the same.
    Surely with today's tech we could build more fuel efficient v8's, would it bother any of us if the cars got around a track a second or 2 slower. Probably before state that I should ask why the push to down size engine's? Do we want a case of what frosty is driving in this weekend, all cruze cars, same everything n power buttons to help pass an opponent, sound pretty bloody boring. Loose the public n the sport is dead.
    The minute the numbers start to drop u watch the sponsorship dry up, rapidly.
    P's how bad was the curb penalty on frosty, such a bad call. Had to get that new crapadore a 1,2,3
    Just rambling again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast