Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Erebus to Boycott TTV6 for 2019.

It's the RD show, u watch sc do everything they can to keep that greedy bastard happy. Then every team running holden will be held to ransom.
    If I was a team running (cough) holdens n leasing motors n bits from rbr I would feel there's no way I could beat them. I'd be a team just making up the numbers.
    V8's is what the people want. (Drop mic)
    Don't allow them then sc is dead.

That it is.
    Not that this is new in motor racing but for a team to have that much control is quite ridiculous and I hope the other olden teams really kick up a stink.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

I would be very surprised if GM themselves aren’t putting money up to develop the TT.

Tim has comment previously with ecoboost that if ford wanted to go down that path, they would need to fund it.

Us sticking to the V8 has a lot to do with no one willing to fork out money to develop an alternative. The race teams won’t do that of their own bat.

I see T8 now hope to run their TT a little bit sooner than the wildcard
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

Perko (16th March 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post

Someone mentioned yesterday they were struggling to get it Homologated in time for Bathurst?
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    I would be very surprised if GM themselves arenít putting money up to develop the TT.

Tim has comment previously with ecoboost that if ford wanted to go down that path, they would need to fund it.

Us sticking to the V8 has a lot to do with no one willing to fork out money to develop an alternative. The race teams wonít do that of their own bat.

Cost control is exactly the point Ian. Regardless of what the spin says, SC is at a serious crossroads right now. Teams are not committing to changes because the investment does not warrant the return. I think that smarter operators also know what the fans want. If Penske isn't jumping at the chance to get Mustang/Mondeo ready you know that either he doesn't see the numbers adding up at the moment to jump at it, or he is waiting for a better alternative and support. RD is pushing this because he has an economic agenda. That's why he has invested in this. The business case makes sense for him IF everyone comes on board. For Ford teams a change in motor or chassis without some form of support I think is a bridge too far. So SC, it's over to you.

Seeing how this plays out over the next 12 months is going to be almost as interesting as the racing itself.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123