Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone still modifying in 2018 ?

Pics are loading.... Other mods to things lately I'm not so proud of.

But I have even managed to stay off nearly all social media !!

My purple turd fell off the jack stands and crashed into the garage wall... In case anyone was wondering why I have been so quiet ?

Garage Wall is all fixed and I took the opportunity to repaint downstairs in the house...

The falcon I haven't worried about it has just been a never ending headfuck for me that car and it will shortly be for sale !

Thinking bout a new KIA to replace it with either the 1L triple turbo GT Rio or the Turbo GT elentra ?

Hopefully they both land here by Christmas so I can road test both of them.... I'm sick of spending $150+ on fuel a week and upwards of $5k a year on mods and service costs...

I must be getting older...
    Thank you Ford for the memories

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 13726548 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (20th December 2018)

Got a black and white connector mixed up on the brake switch.... drove around for a week not realising i had no brake lights until the first time i turned my headlights on... i blew 8 x 15amp fuses tracking that mistake down !!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 13726548 For This Useful Post:

Randel (6th November 2018),Road_Warrior (7th November 2018)

I hate cars...

Not 3 days

3 FUCKING DAYS...

Trans is sorted, oil leaks are fixed, flexplate bolts have been welded and i have broken my diff bolt for the 5th time since owning this BA falcon !

WABiatch - hence made the decision long ago, I prefer paying someone doing this crap nowadays.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Work in progress:

Updated the intake manifold to polished high flow Edlebrock RPM Air Gap.

Replaced the DUI ignition system with a MSD Digital 6 CAL system

Shelby Cobra style air filter but this is going to be changed again to a larger unit that will protrude through the bonnet.

Will also be replacing the entire pulley system with a billet system including polished alternator, power steering pump and air-con compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

13726548 (20th December 2018),4Vman (19th December 2018),FTe217 (20th December 2018),Road_Warrior (19th December 2018)

Looks bloody awesome mate!!!

If you want to go through the bonnet, maybe fit a 428 CJ Shaker???

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

13726548 (20th December 2018),Elks (20th December 2018),WASP (19th December 2018)

Is anyone still modifying in 2018 ?

Yeah, the workshop helping me suggested a shaker as it was a factory option on my model.

I do also like the ram air scoop it has now with the integrated indicators which are actually pretty useful. With all the engine and exhaust noise of the car this drowns out the indicator noise, making it pretty easy to forget itís on.

What I donít like about the scoop is itís not functional. Having the air filter protruding through the bonnet under the scoop would address that, while also showing off the intake manifold, ignition and Holley carb. The shaker unit would cover most of that which would be a shame once itís all done up nicely.

Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (19th December 2018)

That is a thing of beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

WASP (20th December 2018)

Being off work but unable to work on my car has been a bit of a blessing in disguise. Given me time to make some decisions and get some stuff organised.

First up, quick trip today to repliglass, and successful even.
    Turns out they do have moulds for those tiny little bodykit pieces that go on the rear wheel arch above the side skirt. So when they come back after Christmas they gonna make them for me.

Then off to see my painter and organised a full respray instead of just doing the bonnet and bumper.
    Speaking of the bonnet...

Fg cobra bulge and vents moulded into original bonnet. Itís only plastidip white for now so it doesnít stand out as bad as primer grey.

Now if youíre trying to build a t3 lookalike, is there any other colour it should be?

Thatís right, blueprint all the way.
    My painter is doing me a great price for two reasons,
    -he loves blueprint
    -he reckons my social media activity with my car has bought a lot of money into his shop.

I canít wait. Iím using my turbo fund to pay for this so it will have to be slow for a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

13726548 (21st December 2018),4Vman (21st December 2018),Elks (21st December 2018),FTe217 (21st December 2018),WASP (20th December 2018)

I do like it in white mind you.
    Not sure about the black wheels, silvers I reckon it would look much cleaner.
    haha Blueprint, one of the best Ford Blue's ever, don't blame you.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

defective (21st December 2018),WASP (21st December 2018)

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast