Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Penske threatens switch to Holden

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    But from an overall viewership/popularity perspective it doesn't even rank in the Top 10 in the US.

So NASCAR relies heavily on bums on seats, which means it needs to be live entertainment first and foremost.

Noise, crashes, sounds, close racing.
    I think that this is because telecasts cannot replicate the reason for the format and its greatest assets. This I think is what SC's should be about. The tribal competitiveness, V8 noises, sounds, and close racing. That's what the fans want. If Penske calls the bluff then SC's loses a huge drawcard. Nissan's involvement is still questionable from my understanding. Where do fans go? Holden is just not an option. Neither is Nissan for that matter.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

wrong thread sorry

If Penske went to Holden wouldn't he then have to use t8 cars? Can't see him ever doing business like that with rolly.

To be honest, I'm amazed djrtp and tickford still persevere with ford, loyalty is certainly a bit of a one way street.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post
    If Penske went to Holden wouldn't he then have to use t8 cars? Can't see him ever doing business like that with rolly.

To be honest, I'm amazed djrtp and tickford still persevere with ford, loyalty is certainly a bit of a one way street.
    Was thinking about this today as well. Best way forward is for Ford to provide factory support to the DJR Penske and Tickford racing.

I can see why tickford n djrtp persist with Ford, they have all the Ford fans which is good business. Holden have so many teams n have to rely on loyalty of followers to reap in the dosh. We can support both teams n it's cheaper for us Ford fans.
    Tickford really need Ford to get on board there whole business model is based on fords.
    So question, if tickford business is based on enhancing mustang n ranger how come they don't have the Ip rights to race the stang, everything they do is covered under factory warranty n they couldn't do what they do without Ford saying yes Right?
    Or is tickford business complete after market enhancement n they don't need fords say so?
    We all know how stupid Ford oz have been is this any different?
    I hope seeing the stang ads n sponsoring sc is a good sign but proof will be in the pudding.
    GET THIS SORTED FORD OR LOSE BIG TIME not just the race teams but public support for ya brand oz wide

Quote Originally Posted by andrewforbes View Post
    I can see why tickford n djrtp persist with Ford, they have all the Ford fans which is good business. Holden have so many teams n have to rely on loyalty of followers to reap in the dosh. We can support both teams n it's cheaper for us Ford fans.
    Tickford really need Ford to get on board there whole business model is based on fords.
    So question, if tickford business is based on enhancing mustang n ranger how come they don't have the Ip rights to race the stang, everything they do is covered under factory warranty n they couldn't do what they do without Ford saying yes Right?
    Or is tickford business complete after market enhancement n they don't need fords say so?
    We all know how stupid Ford oz have been is this any different?
    I hope seeing the stang ads n sponsoring sc is a good sign but proof will be in the pudding.
    GET THIS SORTED FORD OR LOSE BIG TIME not just the race teams but public support for ya brand oz wide
    From what I understand tickford is completely aftermarket. Same as kpm etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (23rd March 2018)

Well played Penske.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Validated User
    Interesting to read the thoughts of that young racer from W.A., now racing in F1.

He claims dropping the V8 in our "Supercars" series will be the death of the sport, people come to hear & see the cars, it's all part of the show.

He admits the current F1 cars, while quicker & more efficient than the previous cars, no longer have the intimidation factor that the V8 & V10 engines had.

I probably agree with him, I love the sound of the "wailing" V8 engine, the late Mr Walkinshaw's V12 engine Jaguars sounded awesome at Bathurst.

Ahh, memories.

If Ford or another manufacturer come to the party then the series is dead. Which will bug me cause the gt series is boring to watch. Really don't see what the problem with using Mustang will do to the Ford brand.

Doubt v8sc is the cause of engine fires and dodgy autos.

Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    If Ford or another manufacturer come to the party then the series is dead. Which will bug me cause the gt series is boring to watch. Really don't see what the problem with using Mustang will do to the Ford brand.

Doubt v8sc is the cause of engine fires and dodgy autos.
    Ford won't want their pride n joy mustang getting flogged by the Peugeot Commodores...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast