Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Penske threatens switch to Holden

Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post
    Ford won't want their pride n joy mustang getting flogged by the Peugeot Commodores...
    And yet if you read the article Ford Performance are in favour of it, it's just Wickham and his mob who are against it. In NASCAR you have the Fusion and Camry beating the Camaro and nobody seems to have a problem with it; I think everybody is smart enough to realise that Supercars isn't a production-based series.
    "I'm a pretty proud driver of the Ford Falcon." - Mark Winterbottom.

Validated User
    Why are Ford sitting on their hands on this matter?
    Mustang is supposedly the performance car of the Ford range in Australia, so yeah, why not race them?

I wouldn't mind seeing Mustang, Camaro, silhouette racing, which is really all we are watching now.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorCleveland View Post
    I think everybody is smart enough to realise that Supercars isn't a production-based series.
    You would think so... but you only have to read social media comments to see there is still plenty that think a car performing well at Bathurst somehow relates to their road car that wears the same badge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

I refuse to believe there are many if any people who still believes they are production based.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    I refuse to believe there are many if any people who still believes they are production based.
    They are but doubt they can afford a new car.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Wrong.

I deal with lots of non, car people in my everyday. They in the main still think that std cars with stickers and a roll cage. They don't watch like we do.

I was chatting to mate, a car guy, mucks around with euro stuff, swapping engines and rebuilding stuff, so a hands on car guy, but not a close follower of Supercars. Yesterday I had to explain that the commodores weren't a V6 yet, and that they ran a common space frame, with hang on panels. And that a team could turn a Nissan into a commodore over a weekend.

Now as for the non auto people out there.

This is where Ford slip up. They're too close. They think people don't see the relevance. But they do. Sure it's out of ignorance, but perception is reality.

If the Ford teams ran Mustang it would be a marketing boost.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

defective (25th March 2018),FTe217 (25th March 2018),Randel (25th March 2018)

Correct Elks, heaps of people not into the sport but glance at the sport news, listen to Bathurst results annually for decades only know who WON, they have no clue about the cars but think they are showroom modded ones thats it.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Ok so it's now time for blue sky situation. Ford Australia have made a stand and to back away now would make a number of people very uncomfortable. So how does it pan out?

Ford bring to Australia the Ford Performance brand. This then allows for re-entry into the SC's with Mustang. It also allows for ST motor vehicles to come to Australia under that brand. Ford dealerships can apply for Ford Performance showrooms and car upgrades as per old FPV mantra. This then separates Ford Australia from SC.

Holden dig their heels in on the V6. Andretti gets the shits and realises that people want the V8 sound. Gets Camaro sorted with V8 and other Holden teams follow. Rolland left standing with Commodore and V6.

Well at least the first part is plausible.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

hehe, well at least you bring up some sort of plan if ever to occur in the FoA skunk works but yer, I just don't know what will ever occur at this stage and the future.
    One of Ian's fav words now and then quoted is the "dis connect" its creating.
    Well its creating to us ol and new school motor racing Ford fans I guess.
    I always wonder why is it always the brand I decided to stand behind thick and thin from long long ago always testing my faith/passion for my team ?
    I thought dropping the V8 was a huge and I really hurt from that one but this with the closure is such a challenging situation I'm really starting to dis connect.
    I can't completely dis connect but I am getting angrier more so when I think about it.
    Then I think, well hey its their money who am I to bitch about this ?
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    For me the passion has come back already with the brand. Losing the Falcon in SC is the last part of saying goodbye to an old friend. In the past I have been very passionate about Ford. Love my XR8 and Ranger. They are great cars that I have already formed an attachment to. However that same attachment to Ford has waned and is pretty much well gone. Classic example was last night. My wife saw a Stinger in the shopping centre on Saturday. Got to climb in it. Absolutely loved it. "I would love to take one for a drive. Don't want the Mustang now." I didn't even blink. Didn't even think about Ford alternatives for now and potentially in the future. "No dramas. Will contact Greg Manchester when we are ready to buy." Kind of sad really......
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast