Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who watches the commonwealth games?

Who watches the commonwealth games?

Gotta admit, I donít mind watching the games.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Nope. Find it quite dull personally.
    But I feel the same about the olympics. Bring back the coliseum and gladiators I reckon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Yep, looking forward to them.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

com si com sa.
    My wife will always watch opening closing ceremonies for starters.
    I'm on my laptop at the time and sooner or later if she's watching some events I'll lift my eyes up to watch depending on the discipline.
    A good Aussie competitor will always get my interest.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Sorry a big negatory from me. I will watch the para-Olympics and Commonwealth game equivalents at times. Love their determination to overcome challenges and the diversity.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Will watch when I have time, but I not inclined to record it, or stay up late to watch it. I'm not a big TV watcher at the best of times.
    I do like to keep updated on commonwealth games news and how we are going and will most likely do this online.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Hey Perko I did notice the para's were incl with the usual athelete's.
    Well, I have a confession, I didn't watch any of it barring parts of the opening ceremony that was pathetic in most part for me.
    Don't know whats in me being I'm an active sports nut but quite some time ago I got sick of the chest puffing regards our swimmers and similar athletes that as competition got tuffer over the years the real bad sportsmanship came out and the sheer arrogance of our admin and swimmers as such turned me right off alot of aussie sport.
    Just look what transpired with our cricketers another eg.
    So these games I couldn't have given a toss but was hearing we cleaned up, don't even know the medal counts but I'm sure were so pepped up how good we are - mostly against minnows barring the Poms/Canada/Jamica in running but is there any other notable strong countries worth mentioning ? watching the opening I thought who is such and such an numbe rof times and how are they in the commonwealth for starters.
    I've heard enough about the closing.
    What do you expect with that fuck tard qlder Beattie.
    We now can't even run a large closing sporting event without making us look like idiots, but hang on were are run by idiots so what do you expect - minor parties are winning the battles, the lefties have come and there's no one left.
    So whatever, I don't think I missed much for the thread input confirms it as well.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

13726548 (19th April 2018)

I ended up watching less than I ever have.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

13726548 (19th April 2018)

Yep the loony left wing fuckwits manged to basically destroy it.
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flappist For This Useful Post:

13726548 (19th April 2018),FTe217 (18th April 2018)

I reckon there almost needs to be some sort of inquiry into the running of the games.

Apparently most of the performers did the opening and closing ceremonies for no payment... Be interesting to see exactly how the 45 or so million dollarydoos was divvied up with that closing ceremony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast