Thread: XR6 sedan into BA ute

Just Arrived

XR6 sedan into BA ute

Hey all,

I currently am running a stock BNS BA ute, I have recently gotten hold of an XR6 turbo with chassis damage but internally everything is mint, what do I need to take out of the XR6 to put into my stock BA, obviously the engine, but can I use the Automatic transmission if have if the XR6 was manual. And what else do I need to bring with the engine from the XR6 to make sure the car doesn’t explode.

Cheers in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Brebs View Post
    Hey all,

I currently am running a stock BNS BA ute, I have recently gotten hold of an XR6 turbo with chassis damage but internally everything is mint, what do I need to take out of the XR6 to put into my stock BA, obviously the engine, but can I use the Automatic transmission if have if the XR6 was manual. And what else do I need to bring with the engine from the XR6 to make sure the car doesn’t explode.

Cheers in advance
    Hi Brebs,

welcome aboard.

You'll need the whole engine/box swapped over with ECU.

The Stock diff wont be a LSD either.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!