Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mustangs in Supercars: Why not?

To be clear, his use of the term template internally is rollcage compensation. Nothing to do with market or anything else.

He is against coupes now behind the scenes or he was last year I guess I should say.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

And the other point is that it is harder to license IP in a bubble.

If Ford were allow the use of IP, it’s not likely to be restricted. To do so basically means they are acting as a sponsor.

Both DJR and Tickford would be allowed us of the IP product thats either separate or including to thevterms current used for both teams. Ford would not prevent team23 from running a Ford silhouette for example.

Ford could however return as a sponsor of DJR for example which would be a reversal of where they left off.

That’s when you could find manufacturer interference dictate product shape to suit what they are doing at the time.

Tickford had offered to run multiple body shape and engine configurations at one point.

I think what Holden has done with T8 is extremely counterproductive to the Sport.

To allow or facilitate a monopoly like they have just pisses the other Holden based teams off.

I'd hate to see Ford follow that path.

Dane wants no part of coupes entering because he then has to fend off Camaro.

He has cleverly disguised that by talking up Mondeo as the best option for Ford, which in isolation has merit, but not for the reasons Dane wants.

The other issue i think playing into the mix is Peugeot have said the ZB platform will be retired in a few years.

This leave Holden once again looking at a different platform to allow Commodore to continue, (if it lasts that long).

I think this is part of the reason the TTV6 was canned.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    I think what Holden has done with T8 is extremely counterproductive to the Sport.

To allow or facilitate a monopoly like they have just pisses the other Holden based teams off.

Dane wants no part of coupes entering because he then has to fend off Camaro.

He has cleverly disguised that by talking up Mondeo as the best option for Ford, which in isolation has merit, but not for the reasons Dane wants.

The other issue i think playing into the mix is Peugeot have said the ZB platform will be retired in a few years.

This leave Holden once again looking at a different platform to allow Commodore to continue, (if it lasts that long).
    At face value I disagree with that because you need to know what the alternatives were. One possibly was a complete withdrawal from the sport.

If this deal meant getting ZB on track was the only Holden path forward it was the opposite of what you suggest. No Holden, no sport. The good of doesn’t get a start in the conversation.

What is bad is if the agreement allowed exploitation of the other teams.

Dane has a point. The sport should be assisting.

They are taking everyone’s money and providing incompetent judgement and systems of reference used to police the sport.

It’s time to get serious.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

WASP (9th April 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    At face value I disagree with that because you need to know what the alternatives were. One possibly was a complete withdrawal from the sport.

If this deal meant getting ZB on track was the only Holden path forward it was the opposite of what you suggest. No Holden, no sport. The good of doesn’t get a start in the conversation.

What is bad is if the agreement allowed exploitation of the other teams.

Dane has a point. The sport should be assisting.

They are taking everyone’s money and providing incompetent judgement and systems of reference used to police the sport.

It’s time to get serious.
    I don't think Holden would have walked, they keep on talking about the importance of Motorsport to their brand.

I personally think Dane was clever in his negotiations and in lieu of a motorsport manager to negotiate with he was able to get what he wanted.

Supercars absolutely need to get their shit together.

They are the ones who need to be talking to the manufacturers and getting the professionalism right.

I personally couldn't blame Ford for not wanting to be a part of amateur hour.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12