Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DJRTP to take over as Mustang Supercar Homologator.

yer took me a while getting it.
    Whats the bet Dane will make an issue regards the bonnet vents for starters.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Randel (4th October 2018)

It turns out that this is way more Ford than teams doing this. It’s more like the fabrication is being done at DJR which was always the case.

After hearing Tim Edwards speak about the process I am less concerned about how Mustang will turn out.

That all important company input is the safety valve here, it’s why the GT and GT4 were out here to show the sport that the teams behind those cars are the same teams doing our car.

We met with a Ford representative early Sunday morning who took us through part of the process and the people involved, stressing how those individuals react to competition and the passion that drives them.

Get excited.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (11th October 2018),Donut King (11th October 2018),WASP (11th October 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    It turns out that this is way more Ford than teams doing this. It’s more like the fabrication is being done at DJR which was always the case.

After hearing Tim Edwards speak about the process I am less concerned about how Mustang will turn out.

That all important company input is the safety valve here, it’s why the GT and GT4 were out here to show the sport that the teams behind those cars are the same teams doing our car.

We met with a Ford representative early Sunday morning who took us through part of the process and the people involved, stressing how those individuals react to competition and the passion that drives them.

Get excited.
    For once we have a situlation in the sport where Ford are ramping up their involvment, while Holden are consideraing their options to continue. Feels odd but I like it! I'm releived to hear Ford are more involved. We havent really seen this level of involvement since the BA and we know how well that turned out.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    For once we have a situlation in the sport where Ford are ramping up their involvment, while Holden are consideraing their options to continue. Feels odd but I like it!
    I'm releived to hear Ford are more involved. We havent really seem this level of involvement since the BA and we know how well that turned out.
    Its great news.

Im not so sure holden are second guessing though, unless you've heard something.

Their biggest issue is how to manage ZB V Camaro.

Now there's a storm for the ages brewing....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Their biggest issue is how to manage ZB V Camaro.

Now there's a storm for the ages brewing....
    This is one fight I am looking forward to sitting back and laughing about. Holden have committed to a model that is a dead duck with regards to support and sales. Andretti wants Camaro and will get it. The public will want Camaro versus Mustang. I do. Where does that leave Roland........who gives a shit.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Roland may switch to their own Camaro program if he needs to. It wouldn't surprise me if he could do a better job than Andretti's team in a shorter space of time.

The truth is if the Bull's Opel is still dominating the category after Mustang is here I doubt Triple 8 Red Bull fans really care about Camaro? For Holden, there is now two GM products on the track and they only have to fund one of them. Two for one.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    For Holden, there is now two GM products on the track and they only have to fund one of them. Two for one.
    Yeh correct but neither of them selling. Would make longer term sport justification interesting.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...?sf200195193=1

The American engineering powerhouse behind the development of the Mustang Supercar, Ford Performance, is confident that its new weapon will hit the ground running.

Initial private testing work for the new car is expected to be undertaken by DJR Team Penske in the coming weeks, ahead of official homologation evaluations in December.

The Michigan-based Ford Performance has provided the firepower for the Mustang's development, utilising its significant Computational Fluid Dynamics capabilities.

Its motorsport supervisor, Brian Novak, has overseen the project, which has been undertaken in close collaboration with DJRTP.

Novak visited Australia this month to run the Ford GTE demonstration car at Bathurst, as well as check in with DJRTP as the squad builds up the development car at its Queensland base.

Although not giving away an exact debut date, Novak is confident the Mustang will be well-prepared for its homologation duties in December.

“We’re on track. We’re pretty proud of where the car is,” he told Supercars.com.

“We know where we’re at right now and where the competition is at. We think we’re in good shape and will have a good package.

"It’s been a challenge to fit it to the (control) Supercars chassis, obviously a two-door versus a four-door, so there were some challenges to overcome there.

“But ultimately we’ve got a really good package coming. We’ll be showing up, ready for it.

“The car is getting assembled, we’re done with design work. We’re ready to go to the track.”

Ford Performance’s key motorsport work is in NASCAR, where it will also introduce the Mustang body next year.

Other recent projects have included the GTE and GT4 cars demonstrated at Bathurst, with the latter set to stay in the country for a possible assault on next year’s 12 Hour.

“The methods we use are the same across all our cars. We have our CFD and do the same work on the road cars, the NASCAR or the Supercar,” said Novak.

“We’re pretty proud of that. We have a really strong aerodynamics group at Ford Performance back in the US. It’s just a different set of rules to work to (in Supercars).

“It’s a different way of approaching it... the intakes are set and the brake ducts, all that sort of thing, and how the some of the key points on the chassis is so spec.

“The GTE is wide-open until you homologate, and GT4 isn’t wide open but there’s more leeway on what you can do with dive-planes and whatnot.

“There’s no BOP (Balance of Performance, used in GT racing to adjust parity), which I prefer personally.

“You’ve got to get it right, you’ve got to come out of the box correct. We like working in a series like that.

“It’s a different approach, but nothing our guys can’t handle. We’re pretty happy with how the car has come out so far.”

Novak, whose motorsport experience includes SCCA national titles as a driver, backs Supercars’ aerodynamic testing procedures, designed to ensure parity.

The process, which is being constantly evolved, consists of open-air downforce and drag comparisons between cars on a runway.

Homologating teams aim to arrive at the test as close to the benchmarks as possible, but bring a variety of aerodynamic parts to ensure they can be balanced.

“I think if you look at the racing in the series, it’s second-to-none in terms of road racing,” he said.

“Holden has come out with a really strong package this year, I wouldn’t expect anything less out of those guys, but we’re happy with where we’re at.

“I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the way Supercars does it. It has to be repeatable, you have to continue doing it that way, because that’s your knowledge base.

“I think Supercars knows what they’re doing and we’re confident that DJR Team Penske can come in with the right approach.”
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Perko (18th October 2018),Randel (18th October 2018),WASP (18th October 2018)

I am very excited to see how this car looks and turns out.

How it looks is easy to imagine, the road going canvass makes for easy race looking tuffness.
    I'm more anxious how it goes on track importantly.
    ZB's will have the year under them and know what else they need to fine tune - its a strong package right now but it really hasn't had the pressure mounted on them since before Talem.
    Sounds promising but we shall see come R1 on 2019.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast