Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DJRTP to take over as Mustang Supercar Homologator.

DJRTP to take over as Mustang Supercar Homologator.

https://www.motorsport.com/v8superca...witch-1031993/

Fords two primary Supercars teams have explained the switch in homologator from Tickford to Penske for the development of the new-for-2019 Mustang.
    Thanks to its background as Ford's former factory Supercars outfit, Tickford has long been the brand's homologator for new cars, including the current FG-X Falcon model.

However as first reported by Motorsport.com, that's set to change for Ford's factory return to Supercars.

Thanks to its strong ties to the US, DJR Team Penske will take over official homologator status for the 2019 Mustang, which is being developed as part of a programme run by both DJRTP and Tickford, and Ford Performance in both Australian and the United States.

Tickford part-owner Rod Nash says his team is fully on-board with the Penske operation taking over the homologator status, and stressed that there's no animosity or hard feelings regarding the switch.

"This is a good example of a great relationship," he said.

"This particular homologation process is going to be quite different than before. You've got pretty well four stakeholders in this one. So that just makes it all a greater structure to deliver the right result at the end of the day.

"Our two teams are well known to be related with one another by supply of parts and different things over time. This whole round of negotiations on putting this project together was all about that. There was never any debate 'oh, who wants to be the homologator'.

"I'd like to think that these four stakeholders, as in the two teams, Ford Australia, and Ford Performance, they are the collective homologators at the end of the day. We just elected that [DJR Team Penske] would be the homologator who would directly deal with the paper trail and the formalities with Supercars.

"But at the end of the day, I think we're all in agreeance that this is going to be the collective that will homologate the car. Which is something fresh and something new, and I feel something strong that [Supercars CEO] Sean [Seamer] can on-sell, as he's talking to other manufacturers.

"It's quite a powerful way of going about things."

DJR Team Penske boss Ryan Story agreed that the homologator status wouldn't have any real-word effects on the working relationship between the teams and the manufacturer.

"It's more of an administration thing than anything else," he said.

"The teams will work closely together to continue to ensure that our vested interests are met. We both want to produce the most competitive car we can, in conjunction with the alliance we have now with Ford and Ford Performance.

"That's entirely what our aim is."

The Mustang will headline Ford's return as a Supercars manufacturer, the brand having not had any significant technical or financial involvement in the sport over the last few seasons.

The car will be the first two-door Supercar, built to the category's Gen2 regulations.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

WASP (1st May 2018)

Ford Have made the right move on this one.

correct, this decision should be set in stone, or a plaque somewhere that OMG Ford made a decision to step forward ! but no, no, don't step beyound
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

WASP (3rd October 2018)

These Mustang race cars are going to look so menacing and awesome on the track, I can't wait.

Oh my, that looks good! I'm interested to see the roofline and how the hell they got the cage to work.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

Randel (3rd October 2018)

just cutting/bending/welding

Anyone seen the pics of the 77 livery one doing laps yesterday at Bathurst ?
    Got to say the overhead shot one looked peach.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    Ford Have made the right move on this one.
    Translated, Tickford haven’t exhibited any resemblance of understanding the current issues let alone the future.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

Randel (4th October 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Love that the camo is made up of heaps of mustang logos

Don't love that the grille is pushed out to the very edge of the opening, understand why it has been done for drag, but had pictured something like the moffstang that looked ready to chew up and spit out anything that got between it and victory

Quote Originally Posted by Donut King View Post
    Love that the camo is made up of heaps of mustang logos
    y
    Ive been sitting here staring at the pic wondering what you're smoking to see mustang logos in that camo haha, then bam, I see them there, obvious as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast