Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: DJRTP to take over as Mustang Supercar Homologator.

it looks shyte, lets pray it delivers.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    it looks shyte, lets pray it delivers.
    I don't think that it looks shit, it just doesnt look as good as it should have done.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

for the sake of reference here.

Roof height:

FGX 1492
    VF 1471
    ZB 1455
    Mustang GT 1367
    Camaro 1348
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

The early pics do look shyte for what the car really is in the flesh.
    I've seen some recent new pics earlier today and it looks better, just depends the angles taken etc as we know.
    Anyway I'm not fussed at this stage, wait to see it in its proper livery and I expect more adjustments are coming and once in anger it will look alright.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    for the sake of reference here.

Roof height:

FGX 1492
    VF 1471
    ZB 1455
    Mustang GT 1367
    Camaro 1348
    I assume those metrics are for the road going models? If so it goes to show how high they may have had to lift the Mustang roofline (almost 9 cm).
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (Yesterday)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    I assume those metrics are for the road going models? If so it goes to show how high they may have had to lift the Mustang roofline (almost 9 cm).
    In relative terms its been lifted 125mm to match FGX, or more likely about 100mm.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    In relative terms its been lifted 125mm to match FGX, or more likely about 100mm.
    When you consider the difference between the AU roofline and the BA was about 10 mm you really can appreciate what FP was up against.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (Yesterday)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    When you consider the difference between the AU roofline and the BA was about 10 mm you really can appreciate what FP was up against.
    Absolutely.

And just visually, if you lower the roof line 100mm and stretch the nose 100mm bingo...

So they had a difficult assignment.

Iím a ford fan, and a mustang fan, and really wanted to have something to like about supertaxis going forward, but I just see that imagery doing more harm than good for fords brand, the mustang brand and the ford performance brand.
    It needs to dominate on the track (given how tight the competition is I canít see that being easy) orbits going to be a laughing stock.

All I can hope for is that camo is really effective and the changes wonít be as pronounced when in race livery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (Yesterday)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678