Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: DJRTP to take over as Mustang Supercar Homologator.

  1. #11
    Aussie Fords FTe217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Driving my cars as much as I can
    Posts
    10,902
    yer took me a while getting it.
    Whats the bet Dane will make an issue regards the bonnet vents for starters.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

    Randel (4th October 2018)

  3. #12
    7753 - 5030 HSE2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,411
    It turns out that this is way more Ford than teams doing this. It’s more like the fabrication is being done at DJR which was always the case.

    After hearing Tim Edwards speak about the process I am less concerned about how Mustang will turn out.


    That all important company input is the safety valve here, it’s why the GT and GT4 were out here to show the sport that the teams behind those cars are the same teams doing our car.

    We met with a Ford representative early Sunday morning who took us through part of the process and the people involved, stressing how those individuals react to competition and the passion that drives them.

    Get excited.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

    4Vman (11th October 2018),Donut King (11th October 2018),WASP (11th October 2018)

  5. #13
    Validated User WASP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    3,370
    Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    It turns out that this is way more Ford than teams doing this. It’s more like the fabrication is being done at DJR which was always the case.

    After hearing Tim Edwards speak about the process I am less concerned about how Mustang will turn out.


    That all important company input is the safety valve here, it’s why the GT and GT4 were out here to show the sport that the teams behind those cars are the same teams doing our car.

    We met with a Ford representative early Sunday morning who took us through part of the process and the people involved, stressing how those individuals react to competition and the passion that drives them.

    Get excited.
    For once we have a situlation in the sport where Ford are ramping up their involvment, while Holden are consideraing their options to continue. Feels odd but I like it! I'm releived to hear Ford are more involved. We havent really seen this level of involvement since the BA and we know how well that turned out.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

  6. #14
    Miami Sprint. 4Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    20,172
    Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    For once we have a situlation in the sport where Ford are ramping up their involvment, while Holden are consideraing their options to continue. Feels odd but I like it!
    I'm releived to hear Ford are more involved. We havent really seem this level of involvement since the BA and we know how well that turned out.
    Its great news.

    Im not so sure holden are second guessing though, unless you've heard something.

    Their biggest issue is how to manage ZB V Camaro.

    Now there's a storm for the ages brewing....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

  7. #15
    Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Their biggest issue is how to manage ZB V Camaro.

    Now there's a storm for the ages brewing....
    This is one fight I am looking forward to sitting back and laughing about. Holden have committed to a model that is a dead duck with regards to support and sales. Andretti wants Camaro and will get it. The public will want Camaro versus Mustang. I do. Where does that leave Roland........who gives a shit.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

  8. #16
    Validated User WASP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    3,370
    Roland may switch to their own Camaro program if he needs to. It wouldn't surprise me if he could do a better job than Andretti's team in a shorter space of time.

    The truth is if the Bull's Opel is still dominating the category after Mustang is here I doubt Triple 8 Red Bull fans really care about Camaro? For Holden, there is now two GM products on the track and they only have to fund one of them. Two for one.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

  9. #17
    Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    For Holden, there is now two GM products on the track and they only have to fund one of them. Two for one.
    Yeh correct but neither of them selling. Would make longer term sport justification interesting.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •