Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: DJRTP to take over as Mustang Supercar Homologator.

Need to get a better look at the roofline, you can see the top of the roll hoop at the a pillars through the screen, that being the case the leading edge of the roofline seems unnecessarily high.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Unfortunately Supercars insistence that any new car fit over the control sedan chassis is the culprit.

I can only imagine how bad Camaro will look.

Effectively all cars have the same seating position relative to the front and rear axles, this dictates firewall and A Pillar position too.

So coupes become "sedanish" in proportion.
    Yeah I get that. It's just..well it looks bad..
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Unfortunately Supercars insistence that any new car fit over the control sedan chassis is the culprit.

I can only imagine how bad Camaro will look.
    Maybe when Comaro lands they can alter the control cage to 1: lower the roofline. 2: relocate the seat. as both of these features long bonnet/ low roof are common to both cars. (even 370Z if Nissan has a change of heart)
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

Designers often talking about it always been easier to achieve the best aesthetic outcomes when the aesthetic design underpinning are strong.

We had that in Mustang, but what they have done is change those underpinning and then built from there. The more I look at it the more I don't like it. I cant believe I'm saying this but a Mondeo base would have aesthetically worked better.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

That front 3/4 pic makes me think 2 door lancer with an evo kit fitted.

Hard to tell much with the camo on though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    Maybe when Comaro lands they can alter the control cage to 1: lower the roofline. 2: relocate the seat. as both of these features long bonnet/ low roof are common to both cars. (even 370Z if Nissan has a change of heart)
    Its a design feature of coupes full stop.

Lower roof line, longer nose and rearward seating position.

Time to embrace it with an optional cage.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

13726548 (7th November 2018),4Vman (7th November 2018),Elks (8th November 2018),Perko (7th November 2018),Randel (8th November 2018)

[IMG]

That looks like puss !

Thank you Ford for the memories

Definitely that bonnet is too short, combined with the sedan high roof line, looks very awkward.

Wasn't expecting this.

Falcon Fgx looks 100 times better

I'll go out on a limb here and say that as long as Ford Performance are happy with the resulting racecar, and it's a winner on track - the adaptation to suit the COTF chassis will be a non issue

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Donut King For This Useful Post:

4Vman (7th November 2018),Elks (8th November 2018),Perko (7th November 2018),Randel (8th November 2018),WASP (7th November 2018)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast