Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: DJRTP to take over as Mustang Supercar Homologator.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut King View Post
    I'll go out on a limb here and say that as long as Ford Performance are happy with the resulting racecar, and it's a winner on track - the adaptation to suit the COTF chassis will be a non issue
    Agree completely.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut King View Post
    I'll go out on a limb here and say that as long as Ford Performance are happy with the resulting racecar, and it's a winner on track - the adaptation to suit the COTF chassis will be a non issue
    Agree totally. I do honestly think that the Falcon still looks better. However the setup was designed for sedans and not for coupes so the execution was always going to be compromised.

12 months ago we were whinging that we had no Ford backing for a Falcon replacement. Now we are whinging that we don't like the Mustang. Fuck we are hard to please sometimes! Could be worse. No Ford racing next year. At least we have our proper badge on our car. The other useless bastards are supporting an Opel and claiming it as one of their own. Get on board and back this car!
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

4Vman (8th November 2018),Randel (8th November 2018)

Tickford representatives join in on DJRTP Mustang test days.:

https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...?sf201727719=1
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Perko (8th November 2018)

This is what they had to work around:

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

13726548 (8th November 2018),Elks (Today),Perko (8th November 2018)

This is the area that compromises the coupe roofline.

Reduce the height of this section by 100mm and you drastically improve the ability to adapt a coupe body shape.

Look at where the top front bar sits in this pic through the windscreen:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

13726548 (8th November 2018)

Zb makes a very good looking race car, just have to hope this thing has the results to get past the looks.
    Wonder how keen the Holden faithful are now for Camaro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Just hope that it looks better in the flesh.

As long as this new mustang dominates, don't care how it looks

Don't forget Falcon is shorter but the punter wouldn't know and were used to it.
    Chassis developed for a 4door as we all know so a coupe was always going to be the challenge as was mentioned orginally.
    Once proper livery is on these I expect the initial look will be better to the eye.
    Early days fellas.

D, I don't find ZB as appealing to my eye but were all different.
    Whats the talk of Camaro - its not coming over in RHD, so do people expect/think Walky will foot the bill alone on development like FP/Ford have taken on Mustang ?
    I'll be amazed he takes on this huge cost alone with Andretti unless GM USA contribute ?????
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Don't forget Falcon is shorter but the punter wouldn't know and were used to it.
    Chassis developed for a 4door as we all know so a coupe was always going to be the challenge as was mentioned orginally.
    Once proper livery is on these I expect the initial look will be better to the eye.
    Early days fellas.

D, I don't find ZB as appealing to my eye but were all different.
    Whats the talk of Camaro - its not coming over in RHD, so do people expect/think Walky will foot the bill alone on development like FP/Ford have taken on Mustang ?
    I'll be amazed he takes on this huge cost alone with Andretti unless GM USA contribute ?????
    Ryan has said they not only need GM's blessing (IP) but contribution to develop the bodykit.

So while its a great idea, without those 2 ingredients its just talk at this stage.

The second point i'd make is now that Mustang has been made to fit the cage why should it be changed for Camaro?

You'd effectively throw out a tonne of money and development spent by FP only to start again....

Supercars should have fixed this before Mustang.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (8th November 2018),Randel (8th November 2018),WASP (8th November 2018)

right I'm with you, and another point is as I mentioned, why would Camaro shape be allowed whilst there isn't a proper OE RHD version available in the country in the first place besides GM allowing the IP, its not distributed here through their dealers imo its no way hosai, Supercars shouldn't allow this but knowing them they would take the money right.
    Therefore Teams and supporters should shout it out aloud if this ever transpires.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast