Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HSV to conduct feasibility study on Racing Camaro

HSV to conduct feasibility study on Racing Camaro

http://www.supercars.com/news/champi...?sf188904997=1

Holden give their blessing for HSV to race Camaro.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Roland won't be pleased.

It also does a number of things.

1) possibly a signal Holden will ditch ZB sooner than later.

2) gives WAU the opportunity to get back its HRT status.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Was only a matter of time after Mustang was confirmed. I am trying hard to feel sorry for Roland but just can't manage to do it.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

It's not ideal for Roland being another GM product and another option for other teams to buy into as an alternative to the ZB product, but in the scheme of things even Roland said he welcomed new manufactures and the Camaro will be seen as one of those.

Only Roland has Holden's factory backing and he will no doubt leverage this position. His biggest threat as I see it is if Holden's involvement as a brand diminishes over time and the Camaro/HSV brand builds to a point where it is the more desirable GM racecar preference.

The Camaro needs to prove itself on track and I still have my doubts that the Andretti/HSV/Walkinshaw arrangement will deliver on this in the short to medium term. Even with Mustang, we are all excited about it now but if for some reason is fails to perform on track (unlikely) under Tickford/DJRP/Ford Performance, its success as desirable racecar product, and ability to topple the factory backed Triple 8 juggernaut will be under a cloud regardless of how we feel about the ZB.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

For me I am confident that Mustang will be a great car. However, I am also prepared to give Tickford/DJRTP the time to get it right. For me it is more about now having a car in the series that I can connect with. So it makes the series more relevant. This will be the same for Camaro. I see a number of teams coming across and so HSV will have other teams to work basic data off. More importantly it gives GM fans something to follow because at the moment the Commodore is a dead duck in the water.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

I may have stirred the pot:

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (8th May 2018),Futura (8th May 2018),Perko (8th May 2018)

nothing like playing with the press to gain exposure/support.
    Fesibility study lol.....comes down to how much your willing to stump up overall obviously - high stakes game but having had GM blessing you can see its a win win for GM if all goes to plan in the future And Walky/hsv.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Gold Norm!!

Validated User
    With Andretti's dislike of Roger I can see Andretti getting the Camaro in next year what ever the cost.

correct, its a win win for GM and for the Series tbh.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Perko (9th May 2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast