Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Motorsport announcement.

feeling a little disappointing in Nissan decision. the GTR return would of been a crowd please along side the mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    feeling a little disappointing in Nissan decision. the GTR return would of been a crowd please along side the mustang
    GTR is the wrong kind of product for our series though.

Its a Supercar.

They'd also have a hard time making it comply dimensionaly.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

agree futura, we need variety but GTR is another category as Norm mentions and if I was nissan I wouldn't want for my premium product to be diluted to suit the bogan series so to speak.
    It deserves being in GT full stop and more.
    Back in the GrpA days it got away coming in and as much as I loved it competing against RWD with TT AWD just wasn't right but dame it created some moments in history I'll and most will never forget !

We need KIA to step in with the Stinger for starters.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

I see your point.

Seems such a large investmnent for seeming little return on the surafce, but what we cant see is how the Supercar racing program created value off track for the brand and how it may have influenced sales in its Utes and SUV etc. It doesnt make sense IMOto continue to invest over a 7 year period if value in some form was not being derived.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Seems such a large investmnent for seeming little return on the surafce, but what we cant see is how the Supercar racing program created off track value for the brand and how i may have influenced sales in its Utes and SUV etc. It doesnt make sense IMOto continue to invest over a 7 year period if value in some form was not being derived.
    It's one of those things where they probably know it's having an impact, but they can't measure or quantify it so the spending gets turned off.

Nissan have been involved 5 years and the Kelly's have produced SFA for that investment on track.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Sorry guys, I will call BS on any influence whatsoever re Novara's/SUV's.
    Utes sell full stop due to commercial needs, no one in their right mind would decide seeing Kelly racing I'm going to buy the ute or SUV or that Nissan involved in supercars like come on.
    Novara sell because its down the chain of "price" full bloody stop ! and thats a long way back to 3rd or 4th depending on deals.
    Their SUV's are NOT that popular compared to their opponents.
    Again token sales due to price, even a reluctant purchase more than 1st option - please your kidding yourselves.
    I can understand someone ordering a 370/GTR straight off the bat but Nissan have been good at wasting dollars here imo.
    They should have put it to the Purchasing Dept on getting their other products in better quality especially their commercial running gear and get away from Renault motors as a tip but its worse they now have the cross alliance incl Mitsu, more crap grouped together lol.....
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Randel (15th May 2018)

There are several methods of measuring branding rub, that is measuring the influence one branding experience has on another (including sales, and brand perception) Of course, I don't have these metrics at my disposal Maurie to validate your theory or indeed mine.

On the sales front what has been reported in the media is Nissan sales have fallen by 26 per cent since the brand entered the Supercar series — from 76,700 in 2013 to 56,600 in 2017 — and it has dropped much of its passenger-car range in favour of SUVs and utes in that time. The Altima sedan also was withdrawn from sale locally in 2016, just two years after the Japanese brand entered the V8 Supercar series making its presence there somewhat irrelevant.

My point is mainly being that Nissan must have been determining and seeing value in some form or another to continue with their investment in Australian motorsport. If that is not the case that would suggest their decsison to continue back in 2016 was a potenially irresponsible one.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

I hear your marketing explanation, and yes I agree when you can see the link, the branding exposure and for some the leverage handle But not here whatsoever.
    This one I see is that whoever in Nissan Asia Pac made this decision is purley based on their interest more than anything about sales here.
    Just look at the sales figures you quote, the boardroom decisions on platforms for the market alone followed by market share drop by 26%.
    Wonder if this guy still has his job ?
    The pin should have been pulled years ago or maybe the sisters have something on him lol....or maybe Nissan have more revenue than we ever know ?!
    If I was Nissans Global Marketing Pres or whatever I would have sacked this person and better off giving the money to charity, hey the McGrath one for eg and get far better recognition and probably get more sales than I expected
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

The other side of the marketing spend is what does the Sponsor make of it?

Do they use the money and exposure well?

Did Nissan exploit the exposure to their greatest benefit?

Most companies will tell you they don't maximize the ROI opportunity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast