Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nissan Motorsport announcement.

Bingo Norm maximising the ROI, even my small contribution involved in motor sport I'm first to put my hand up not maximising the leverage well enough.
    The money involved here is of the top end scale here and who can pass on anything that you have seen of Nissan's marketing leveraging anywhere ?
    You can sure see smart Harvey Norman doing so being main sponser to Simona, this is making use of money invested, wonder what the gain is but at least I have seen this made use of.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

I'm guessing I'm disappointed but not surprised. I think instead of pulling out they could of moved them over to nismo. It's a huge waste if money n not a very good business decision to start with in hindsight. I just think the Kelly's promised a lot but didn't deliver and did Nissan offer any other support other then financial?. Yes, hell of a workshop they had set up n building a v8 to run out of a 4wd motor. It looked all shiny the workshop but maybe they lacked true expertise and for a car that was smaller then it's rivals why have they not had any success with. I know they always seem to struggle with outright speed compared to Ford, Holden n Volvo n even maybe merc. So had they reached the limits of the engine? It seems like you'd change tack before just walking away and accepting the loss.
    Were supporters backing the team because of the Kelly's or Nissan?

It would be an awkward feeling at Nissan HQ at the moment.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to David_F For This Useful Post:

4Vman (21st May 2018),FTe217 (21st May 2018),Perko (20th May 2018)

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David_F View Post
    No different when Ford pulled out and Winterbottom won the championship.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (21st May 2018),Futura (21st May 2018)

yer but its still awkward but can't help bad or good timing lol.....
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Perko (21st May 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by David_F View Post
    Well yes and know. Their reason for pulling support was not due to the lack of on-track results, although I'm sure that didn't help. It was the decline in local sales and the irrelevance of the Altima sedan or what ever it is to the market place. As mentioned, Ford pulled support when they where actually having alot of on track success.

Given the devastating news to the Kelly's there results at Winton has come at the right time to boost team moral and help instill the self beleif that they are just as capable of winning as the other big budget teams. They will need to ride that confidence into 2019 when they go it alone, assuming they do so.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123