Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tickford Racing Edition

The brakes are a curious one, firstly no way in hell would you remove a reputable brand name logo off the caliper.

The choice of Wilwood is an interesting one.

If you asked me a few months ago what Wilwood was about id say Drag racing and offroad dirt track brakes....

They're certainly not a name i've associated with high performance road/circuit, Like say Brembo.

But a search shows they are popular in the US.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    The brakes are a curious one, firstly no way in hell would you remove a reputable brand name logo off the caliper.

The choice of Wilwood is an interesting one.

If you asked me a few months ago what Wilwood was about id say Drag racing and offroad dirt track brakes....

They're certainly not a name i've associated with high performance road/circuit.

But a search shows they are popular in the US.
    Same but worse. Never heard of them, have no appreciation for them other then they need to be good. No great actually because standard brakes are very good.

I guess it’s a point of difference.

I assume this has the big engine so bank on similar coin as the special.

In a sea of mustangs on the road now, I guess it’s going to make them exclusive and rare (ish)
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Tickford Convert.

Wheels ans stance were very nice.

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Perko (28th May 2018)

Looks good but I question the ride quality on anything lowered so especially with the 18 and adaptive dampers, how much of the current package is actually worth changing.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    Looks good but I question the ride quality on anything lowered so especially with the 18 and adaptive dampers, how much of the current package is actually worth changing.
    Yeah.

Mustang is firm enough as is.

Can't imagine lowering them and reducing the available suspension travel would help compliance much at all.

Well, at least the Coke one will make sense

My comment regards the wheels is being this is a new model/concept to market I think they could have made a better more appealing choice.

yer stance is fine.

Willwood is the go to brake packages sold for anything modded (customisers etc) for yonks and yonks, they fill in the gaps where Brembo Alcon and the other main brands don't offer to market - Bill found a nice hole in the market and fine product, huge USA, custom rods etc massive and alot has been purchased online incl here I suppose BUT being this is on a Tickford Mustang I would expect a brand package.
    IF Ford had done the Sprint gold calipers with Ford or Sprint logos very good to me but not Willwood.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Convert looks good, stance fine by me and ofcourse looks great its black

Now when seeing this the convertible pic, you can check out countless ones similar today.
    The trouble is this Ticky offering doesn't look anything different from the countless other modded ones I see now.
    A few weeks ago when having a dinner in the inner trendy city whilst we were walking the street our side I spotted a awesum looking black lowered (similar stance as above) tinted windows with a nice staggered set Pony.
    It rocked got to say and how different would the Ticky version look in black if parked right next to it but for the badging.
    This is their challenge imo getting the consumer who wouldn't have a clue who Tickford is.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Maurie, the problem is Mustang styling is nearly on point as is.

It doesn't need much.

Bit lower and bigger wheels, that's it.

Big spoilers, bonnet scoops, wings, etc look over the top. (IMO).

Even stripes are hit or miss.

So there's a limit to what you can do without setting off style alarms...

TBH i'm more interested in content than just styling differentiation.

I agree Norm.
    Hence why I say Tickford really need to come up with some nice stylish additions/content whatfuckingever making it appealing for as I said, walk past any nice lowered on what makes it stand out being a Tickford for starters.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    I agree Norm.
    Hence why I say Tickford really need to come up with some nice stylish additions/content whatfuckingever making it appealing.
    Content???

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast