Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING. Lowndes retires.

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    My money is on Chaz becoming a target.
    Yep.

Chaz needs to make some decisions too.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

WASP (6th July 2018)

I was a supporter of Craig when he was driving a Falcon. The green-eyed AU monster will forever be linked with him and fondly remembered, as will the Betta Electrical BA Falcon race car and season with Ford's backing.
    It's a shame his experience with both the other Ford teams and with FMCA, in general, wasn't a better one.

When the team swapped over to Holden I felt there was some very disrespectful behavior being displayed by him and others. This tarnished my view of him but this also could have been perceived incorrectly through the media. It's all water under the bridge now.

I like and respect the man even though I dont support him as a professional driver. I do think its the right time to move on. He still has a lot to give personally and professionally in other areas of his career and will no doubt do very well.

If I am concerned about anything it is Triple 8 expanding and aquiring some of our Ford team based driver talents (Moz in particular)
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

Elks (6th July 2018),FTe217 (6th July 2018),Perko (15th July 2018),Randel (7th July 2018)

I think Chaz is locked up till the end of 19, so Roland might offer someone a 1 year deal (which will signal his intentions) or retract to 2 cars awaiting availability of someone coming out of contract.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    I think Chaz is locked up till the end of 19, so Roland might offer someone a 1 year deal (which will signal his intentions) or retract to 2 cars awaiting availability of someone coming out of contract.
    I always got the impression Roland thinks very highly of Chaz. He's comnpared Chaz to Shane Van Giz on a few occasions in a very favourable context. The flailing of Tickford this year has played nicely into his hands.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

I always got the impression Roland thinks very highly of Chaz. He's comnpared Chaz to Shane Van Giz on a few occasions in a very favourable context. The flailing of Tickford this year has played nicely into his hands.
    Yeah and this is the issue, how long is Chaz prepared to wait?

Like F1 unfortunately the only way anyone will ever realise their true potential is if they have the best equipment on track.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Elks (6th July 2018)

Yeah and this is the issue, how long is Chaz prepared to wait?

Like F1 unfortunately the only way anyone will ever realise their true potential is if they have the best equipment on track.
    Yeap. Then again, he's have to give up his chance at racing a Mustang Supercar over the Commordore..lol

Yeap. Then again, he's have to give up his chance at racing a Mustang Supercar over the Commordore..lol
    Mustang might be the reset they need.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (6th July 2018),WASP (6th July 2018)

Got to say, CL smart call.
    I suppose he knew the only way is down if RD wasn't offering another contract.
    At his age how could you keep circulating in a Bgrade team.
    Huge hole to fill in the popularity game for its night and day to the next fav.
    I hope DR ends up being the likeable rogue he is but he needs to win a championship for the fans to flow in.

Well, commentary is going to be challenging to listen to and watch.
    Daz will be having with drawals.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

13726548 (6th July 2018)

^^^^ This. It will be critical for Chas, as it is for everyone.

Being at HRT was critical in CL's success, as it was for Whincup at 888 and I suspect McLaughlin getting to DJR. While I'm clearly not a huge CL fan, I will acknowledge that he, like the others is massively talented. But when you add the best team, equipment and an A grade driver you get a winning combo. I am sure there have been plenty of A level drivers at B level teams whose potential you couldn't even see because equipment was compromised. Look at Scott Pye, makes it to HSV and is top 5 in the championship. If he landed at Nissan, he'd be driving in circles for a year or two then replaced by a rich rookie.
    The problem with society today, is that nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

I was a supporter of Craig when he was driving a Falcon. The green-eyed AU monster will forever be linked with him and fondly remembered, as will the Betta Electrical BA Falcon race car and season with Ford's backing.
    Even then i wasn't. He was the talented messiah we bought. So While i was happy for him to win in a Ford, he was last on my list of Ford drivers, behind Johnson(s) Frosty, Will, Cromley and many others. My allegiance is to the blue oval not to any driver.
    The problem with society today, is that nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

Donut King (6th July 2018)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast