Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The Holy Grail Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by flappist View Post
    Every enthusiast got an intercooler, it comes standard withe the performance model....
    That's the elephant in the room really. Want the complete performance package? It came with the Sprint 6. Repeatable performance is one area this car shines.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

flappist (18th September 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    That's the elephant in the room really. Want the complete performance package? It came with the Sprint 6. Repeatable performance is one area this car shines.
    Although it too suffers heat soak and the 10 second TOB clock timer like the 8.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Well I have held it flat out to terminal velocity (238) in the stinking hot desert and driven for hundreds of kilometres at a time at rather high speed (170-200).
    It never got hot and it never paused in acceleration.
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to flappist For This Useful Post:

13726548 (19th September 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by flappist View Post
    Well I have held it flat out to terminal velocity (238) in the stinking hot desert and driven for hundreds of kilometres at a time at rather high speed (170-200).
    It never got hot and it never paused in acceleration.
    I don’t think either car would have any issues finding the speed limiter and sitting there what so ever.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

True Norm, all forced induction engines will suffer from heat soak to varying degrees. An effective intercooler system helps to reduce the effects, keeping the engine at its peak optimal performance for longer. That advantage I would imagine would go to the turbo Barra.

Today’s advanced boost and engine management systems also help to compensate and respond to manifold temperatures rising in both cars.

Justin is probably the best person to advise if both cars are equally susceptible to the same degree of heat soak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    True Norm, all forced induction engines will suffer from heat soak to varying degrees. An effective intercooler system helps to reduce the effects, keeping the engine at its peak optimal performance for longer. That advantage I would imagine would go to the turbo Barra.

Today’s advanced boost and engine management systems also help to compensate and respond to manifold temperatures rising in both cars.

Justin is probably the best person to advise if both cars are equally susceptible to the same degree of heat soak.

Yep.

Put it this way, if you were to race both cars to the speed limiter the 8 would get there first then hold the gap to the 6.

The 6 only gets full TOB in 3rd gear as well, the 8 gets it all the way to 6th, which is a moot point because the speed limiter intervenes anyway.

As was explained to me by the Ford team, the vehicles 3rd gear overboost is slightly higher than 4th, and the cars run more boost in 3rd gear, which is understandable, you’ll hit the speed limiter before rev limiter in 4th and there isn’t a drag strip or virtually any road in Australia long enough to see maximum performance in 4th gear, so as the focus was on available performance, 3rd gear boost performance is higher than 4th. Injector duration and capacity is maximised in 4th which results in the difference in performance.
    - They ran the car with intervals of 2 minutes between runs with the car running at 80kmh intervals – this was used as on a power run they were seeing IAT’s of 40 degrees (start) to 69 degrees, they would run the car on the dyno until the car went back to 40 degrees, or thereabouts

Dyno review here:

http://falconforums.com.au/showthrea...nt-Dyno-review

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

WASP (19th September 2018)

Sounds like a plan. ALP will get kicked out of NT at the next election and the open zones will be back.
    See you at Alice Springs........
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flappist For This Useful Post:

13726548 (19th September 2018),4Vman (19th September 2018),Randel (19th September 2018)

Nothing like a pissing contest to settle an argument

13. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (Yesterday)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    It’s not exactly heat soak with the 6 but oil temp isn’t it.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (Yesterday)

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    It’s not exactly heat soak with the 6 but oil temp isn’t it.
    Yes oil temps, but they effectively do the same thing.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910