Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranger mods: Qld Police defecting Twincabs.

Ranger mods: Qld Police defecting Twincabs.

So apparently all hells broken out in Qld, Police are blitzing Twincab owners with modified vehicles, namely Wheels and lift kits, but also lightbars and bumpers.

Any Vehicle fitted with wheels that exceed a track of 50mm or lift of 50mm is defected and put off the road.

It's caused a huge stir amongst the aftermarket with Tyre shops allegedly being held legally responsible for supplying illegal Wheel/Tyre packages.

https://www.facebook.com/7NewsGoldCo...6658463605060/
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

lol.....
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

13726548 (6th September 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    lol.....
    One thing people miscalculate too is if you increase the diameter of the tyre fitted it contributes to the overall body lift!

Police are measuring ground clearance to calculate lift, not looking at the actual height of spacers added.

So slightly longer springs and a larger dia tyre will easily breach the 50mm limit without even fitting a lift kit.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    One thing people miscalculate too is if you increase the diameter of the tyre fitted it contributes to the overall body lift!

Police are measuring ground clearance to calculate lift, not looking at the actual height of spacers added.

So slightly longer springs and a larger dia tyre will easily breach the 50mm limit without even fitting a lift kit.

Yes plus a combination of things done at different shops can equal disaster.

Some of these people are just blatantly breaking the law and know it, others are borderline and some have no clue.
    2017.5 FORD MONDEO TITANIUM DIESEL
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dash gt For This Useful Post:

13726548 (6th September 2018),4Vman (6th September 2018),FTe217 (6th September 2018)

Hey I'm not saying our State is much better but up north your Transport Association has always been a joke imo.....
    When I started visiting there on business some 30yrs ago I wondered HTF so many rust buckets were on the road.
    I christened it Fred Flinstone country - just picture ol Fred or Barney as they used to pull up lol......thats Qld.
    No yearly road worthies is a farce for starters so the system has allowed this to fester for yonks, should rip it up your Authorities past to present for starters.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Hey I'm not saying our State is much better but up north your Transport Association has always been a joke imo.....
    When I started visiting there on business some 30yrs ago I wondered HTF so many rust buckets were on the road.
    I christened it Fred Flinstone country - just picture ol Fred or Barney as they used to pull up lol......thats Qld.
    No yearly road worthies is a farce for starters so the system has allowed this to fester for yonks, should rip it up your Authorities past to present for starters.
    From when I was a kid 30 years ago till now it has improved a lot if you ask me.

I agree tho cars after 6 - 7 years should have a mandatory yearly inspection. Whether this would fix this issue or not is another story as theres plenty of dodgy road worthy certificate mobs around.
    2017.5 FORD MONDEO TITANIUM DIESEL
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325

oh yer, its improved some, or a little overall but bugger all compared to our State for eg.
    New car sales over the years has helped in some way as well.
    Our dodgy mech workshops got weeded out long ago from sight unseen vehicle registered but passed pink slips.
    That has all but gone down here, that is a large part of managing the road system regards safety.
    Have annual checks, the RMS/RTA as once known would go to x workshop, take their rego book off them and work back checking up on the cars he's passed, dodgy ones found, fined and rego check license revoked from mechanic.
    It would help heaps.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Aren't QLD's rules a bit over the top?
    Come to qld with ya modified 4wd to play but make sure you don't drive it.

Plays into the hands of reputable engineering businesses like TickFord and HSV nicely. Their kits and modifications are designed to meet ADR requirements. That's why you pay more.

Maurie, here in SA we don't have annual roadworthy checks (thank God). Our RTA rules are very tough however and authorities are more than happy to enforce them.
    Last edited by WASP; 6th September 2018 at 04:13 PM.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Plays into the handles of reputable engineering businesses like TickFord and HSV nicely. Their kits and modifications are designed to meet ADR requirements. That's why you pay more.

Maurie, here in SA we don't have annual roadworthy checks (thank God). Our RTA rules are very tough however and authorities are more than happy to enforce them.
    Except unfortunately apparently the Tickford wheel and tyre package fails the ADR/roadworthy requirements too lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Randel (6th September 2018)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast