Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ranger mods: Qld Police defecting Twincabs.

50mm and in most case's in the new models now 30/25mm is a ok done by the pros.
    The ones that concern me is the DIY'ers......
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

History is a statement, the future is a question.

got via email

SPECIAL UPDATE: CHANGES TO VEHICLE LIFT LAWS IN QUEENSLAND!
    Dear Maurice,
    Let me update you on what happened over the last 3 weeks.
    • On the 4th of September 2018 – Queensland Police launch Operation Lift.
    • On the 20th of September 2018 – Minister for Transport & Main Roads announces that vehicle lift laws will be reformed.
    Today the Queensland Transport Minister announced reforms to the LS9 and LS10 codes within the Queensland Code of Practice that will allow a lift of 75mm on an ESC equipped vehicle under their owner certification rules so there will be no requirement for an ESC test and certification.
    As many people would be aware through recent media reports and social media activity, earlier this month without any prior notice the QLD Police launched a blitz titled ‘Operation Lift’ on raised 4WD vehicles which included them issuing fines, defect notices and impounding vehicles.
    The information included in the defect sheets being used by the Police stated that any vehicles fitted with ESC that had been raised over 50mm with a combination of suspension and tyre lift required an ESC test and certification, which differed from previous advice issued by QLD Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) which allowed an uncertified lift of up to 75mm. Both NSW and Victoria allow a maximum 75mm uncertified lift in their regulations which allows for a combination of 50mm in suspension and 25mm in tyre for ESC vehicles.
    We had consistently and strenuously raised concerns about TMR’s ‘change in interpretation’ of the rules on many occasions over the past year both with the Department directly and via letters to the QLD Transport Minister in December 2017 and March 2018. In fact we were still in negotiations with the Department around the potential to provide computer simulation test evidence to support our position when ‘Operation Lift’ was launched.
    In response to this police operation, we issued a media release on the issue together with a call to action on our social media sites. With the support of the AAAA membership, 4WD QLD and a range of other 4WD media and user groups, we were able to mobilise huge numbers of vehicle owners from around the country to raise their concerns directly with the Department and Minister.
    Well it took 16 days: In addition to allowing a lift of 75mm for ESC vehicles under their owner certification rules, the Minister also announced today that they will increase the overall vehicle lift allowable from 125mm to 150mm for vehicles that have undergone certification to align with other state jurisdictions. CLICK HERE to read the full Statement.
    This is an important issue that has affected tens of thousands of QLD vehicle owners who have made safe and responsible modifications to their vehicle. This was a difficult time for our industry – we were concerned for our members in Queensland and they were concerned for their customers. Our industry relies on balanced and sound rules that make sense to our members and their customers. Operation Lift gave us no alternative, we had to immediately elevate our concerns and encourage everyone to act and we coordinated a campaign in our usual style - with persistence and determination. Today we were officially notified of the change in attitude and it was generously attributed to the commitment of the AAAA and the passion of our members.
    We always have more to do and we will keep doing what we do best – representing the interests of our members. But we should all pause today to reflect on what we can achieve with a united and independent voice.
    Well done everyone!

Kind Regards,
    Stuart Charity
    Executive Director
    Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association
    Suite 16, Building 3, 195 Wellington Road
    CLAYTON VIC 3168
    P: 03 9545 3333 | E: execdir@aaaa.com.au | W: www.aaaa.com.au
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Perko (21st September 2018)

So do all those that had their vehicles impounded get them back and fine waived? Plus the first strike removed from their record?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

You mean like convicted drug dealers after cannabis was decriminalised?
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

Slight difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

https://www.aaaa.com.au/wp-content/u...eb-Version.pdf

Queensland Vehicle lift modification
    The Queensland Government has announced that Vehicle lift modification laws have been changed in Queensland to “create greater consistency for 4WD motorists”. Effectively the approved lift limit for vehicles with electronic stability control (ESC) has increased from 50mm to 75mm without certification.
    We have welcomed these regulatory changes. These changes will give peace of mind to Queensland vehicle owners who have made safe and responsible modifications to their vehicle. As the industry association responsible for vehicle modification, we do have more issues to discuss with the Qld Government – including identifying the testing that is required for lifts above 75 mm. Whilst the Qld media release stresses consistency with other states – there are still a number of areas where Qld has different (more stringent) requirements than in other states. So this announcement signals one step in the right direction, but more issues that need to be resolved and this requires an open and honest consultation process and we will keep working for our industry; advocating for the adoption of regulations that are safe, practical and make sense to the industry and the community.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567