Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the TVS 535R

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Introducing the TVS 535R

The Tickford TSV-535R vehicle enhancement package is our latest evolution of race-inspired engineering for the road.
    The bold blue stripes over a white body were made famous locally by the XC Falcon hardtop are a nod to the iconic American racing colours, recognisable on numerous historically significant racing cars since the 1950s.

To continue this tradition this special vehicle has been released in conjunction with a one-off Tickford Racing livery to be raced by Mark Winterbottom and Dean Canto in the 2018 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000

The TSV-535R package itself Ė applied to a white 2018/2019 Mustang Coupe GT, includes a carbon fibre aero kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres, unique seven spoke wheels, build specific Alcantara and nappa leather interior, a carbon fibre/leather steering wheel, and the classic blue American racing stripes, along with a plethora of performance upgrades, most notably the newly introduced ECU re-calibration, bulking the GT package to produce 400kW (535HP) of power and 632Nm of torque to the road. The engineering-led package also includes a 3-year/100,000 kilometre Tickford driveline warranty, and an individual special vehicle build plaque for each package sold.

MY18+ Mustang GT Coupe Oxford White donor vehicle (Auto or Manual)
    400kW ECU re-calibration
    Individual TSV-535R build number and badges
    American racing stripes
    Carbon fibre aero kit, rear wing and grille insert
    TSV-535R specific Alcantara and nappa leather interior
    Carbon fibre / leather steering wheel
    Gear knob (manual vehicles only)
    Fully adjustable H&R coil-over suspension (height / damper / rebound)
    Wilwood Ďbig brakeí kit (6 piston front / 4 piston rear)
    Seven spoke wheels (20◊10 front / 20◊11 rear)
    Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres (275/35R20 front / 295/35R20 rear)
    Chassis bracing front and rear
    Steeda bonnet struts
    Final price is still being determined but approximately $38,000

Warranty: 3yr/100,000km Tickford driveline warranty
    12 month/20,000km Tickford parts warranty

98 Octane Fuel Recommended

More info at

www.tickford.com.au
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

WASP (2nd October 2018)

Well then...

Quote Originally Posted by 13726548 View Post
    Well then...
    It makes it a 110k purchase or commitment and the second special or limited edition offering thats based on a white base.

The 400kw kit can be had for a significant saving.

If you deleted the side blue accents its quite a decent looking package.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

As a package in its current guise i like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by 13726548 View Post
    As a package in its current guise i like it a lot.
    Definitely one of the best looking out there. The blue accents above the wheels might be a touch too thick but that's part of the look. That's part of the package.

I will reserve judgement till seeing it in the flesh and indeed the carbon treatment and interior but so far so good.

I suppose the other thing too is that without the blue side treatment it's a very common mustang look.

OTT twins white/blue, it's not exactly uncommon.

It comes down to price and how much you want that look. It would not be a 78 special without it so I guess that's the point.

It can be a cobra to some people but to others it might be something more traditional to mustang itself.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    If you deleted the side blue accents its quite a decent looking package.
    And the stripes. Other than that it will be very interesting.
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

So for $2750 you get 400kw. This will sell its arse off.
    I for one will order this on my Mustang assuming of course it is still appropriated in 2 years.
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

Introducing the TVS 535R

Your interpretation of the rules sounds right. 100 mm is measured from the lowest fixed point under the car, but this is not intended to include skirts and mud flaps etc. It doesnít explicitly say that in the rules however. The measurement is taken in a normal operating and unladen state.

I went through this process with both the GT and the Mustang when working with an suspension engineer. Like so many rules there is a level interpretation. Often you find yourself complying to one rule but then another factor comes into play that you donít comply with. Itís a mind field but thatís why itís best left to the experts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (6th October 2018)

The sides look much better with the blue reduced.

With the QLD 100mm thing, I understand itís any fixed item canít be below 100mm, a mudflap is flexible so not Ďfixedí and allowed. Skirts are fixed and will breach.

All depends on the cop and interpretation as Ian says. Thatís the trouble with Australian rules, itís too grey and too regional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast