Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frosty to Team 18?!

Frosty to Team 18?!

I can only hope that if this is true, it means they're running a Mustang next year.

https://www.supercars.com/videos/cha...holden-switch/

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorCleveland View Post
    I can only hope that if this is true, it means they're running a Mustang next year.

https://www.supercars.com/videos/cha...holden-switch/
    That's the only way its palatable.

If its true (both) i hope he does really well.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I donít really want him to move away from Tickford. That would be very disappointing to witness. As mentioned if he does I hope it will be behind the wheel of a new Mustang but is it really that realistic given the team have only recently invested a new Opel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

They quoted him as saying he has a deal on offer from Tickford but was also fielding offers from "multiple other teams".

This probably won't be a popular view but you couldn't blame him (or Chaz) for looking outside their current situation.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Perko (5th October 2018),project 064 (15th October 2018),Randel (4th October 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    They quoted him as saying he has a deal on offer from Tickford but was also feliding offers from "multiple other teams".
    Given recent performance itís possible his employer hasnít offered a salary increase or potentially even a reduction, who knows. I hope it doesnít all come down to money and given my perception of Mark that seems unlikely.

What there is no shying away from is the team have dropped the ball this year. That makes everyone unhappy and creates a breeding ground for negativity and self serving and protective behaviors to creep in. Itís just gone on too long and needs to be arrested before attracting and maintaining the right type of talent becomes more difficult.

Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

Perko (5th October 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Given recent performance it’s possible his employer hasn’t offered a salary increase or potentially even a reduction, who knows. I hope it doesn’t all come down to money and given my perception of Mark that seems unlikely.

What there is no shying away from is the team have dropped the ball this year. That makes everyone unhappy and creates a breeding ground for negativity and self serving and protective behaviors to creep in. It’s just gone on too long and needs to be arrested before attracting and maintaining the right type of talent becomes more difficult.

Yeah agree.

There's been whispers they don't have the budget for next year that they currently have and it may impact salaries.

Sometimes things are so broken the only way to fix them is people go their separate ways.

This would hurt me big similar to when Moff had to make a change from the Blue Oval.
    Its always our guys more so than them.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Yeah agree.

There's been whispers they don't have the budget for next year that they currently have and it may impact salaries.

Sometimes things are so broken the only way to fix them is people go there separate ways.
    We always hear this about PRA and budgets yet they always make it to the next race/round/season surely if their deals were so marginal there would have been some sort of realignment of the team and it's structure by now. Surely there is no bottomless pit which continues to be mined to cover the shortfall from the Pepsi and Ford funded heyday

I'd say he'll resign with Tickford. I guarantee drivers will have their management field offers from other teams. It would have to be some decent money for him to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    .....I guarantee drivers will have their management field offers from other teams....
    Hopefully just part of his negotiating process with Tickford.... letting Tickford know there are others that would take him

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast