Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frosty to Team 18?!

Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    Hopefully just part of his negotiating process with Tickford.... letting Tickford know there are others that would take him
    Which as a fan is exactly what "we" would want.

Looking at it from Frosty's perspective though, he might think he needs a change to improve his chances of success.

"If" he does leave i wouldn't begrudge him, that's simply professional Sport playing out.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (9th October 2018),Randel (4th October 2018),VZTRT (4th October 2018),WASP (4th October 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Which as a fan is exactly what "we" would want.

Looking at it from Frosty's perspective though, he might think he needs a change to improve his chances of success.

"If" he does leave i wouldn't begrudge him, that's simply professional Sport playing out.
    My logical mind agrees, but if he ends up representing GM my support for him will be all but dead. That part will be hard to swallow. Mark is one of the last of the drivers that I actually believed to be manufacture loyalists and genuine ambassadors. Its something I alway admired about him. If he moves hopefully he can continue in a blue oval somehow. Charlie's team, despite racing an Opel now does appreciate Mustangs. They where behind the 69 Mach 1 Sidchrome project and as we know Charlie had history and a championship with DJR.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    My logical mind agrees, but if he ends up representing *Peugeot my support for him will be all but dead. That part will be hard to swallow. Mark is one of the last of the drivers that I actually believed to be manufacture loyalists and genuine ambassadors. Its something I alway admired about him. If he moves hopefully he can continue in a blue oval somehow. Charlie's team, despite racing an Opel now does appreciate Mustangs. They where behind the 69 Mach 1 Sidchrome project and as we know Charlie had history and a championship with DJR.
    *Fixed for you.

Charlie forklift is an interesting Character.

I'm Sure Steve will concur..

Not the most liked owner down pit lane.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I know several people who considered Mr Forklifts a friend during his time at DJR and vowed that despite his hatchet job and the virtual detonation of Emeri St Stapylton as he made his way out the door would continue to support his future endeavours. Those same people almost unilaterally report that Mr Forklifts has since ignored their existence on any passing meeting in pitlane, paddock or in the civilian world.

Notable is the sheer volume of Team 18 merchandise in terms of parts/panels & other memorabilia which is in circulation which instead of bearing the drivers signature instead carries that of Mr Forklifts. As if the rockstar of what has been a serial underperforming operation - no matter whose equipment they have had at their disposal - is indeed the man with his name on the door with little motorsport heritage rather than the bloke who does the job behind the tiller.

The forklift tzar's racing operation seems to exist solely to prove a point to former business partners, though just what point is being proven has long ago been lost amongst torn up sponsorships, car preparation agreements and even chassis.

Mr Holdsworth is a wasted talent, and his career as a full time driver whilst aligned with the self anointed rock star of pit lane will sadly continue to circle the plughole in concentric circles of ever reducing diameter.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Donut King For This Useful Post:

4Vman (4th October 2018)

Very good account.

I knew him before he’d even met Dick.

His showroom a shrine to DJR.

Back then. fanboi came to mind.

Maybe the dream got shattered and spite took over.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Very good account.

I knew him before he’d even met Dick.

His showroom a shrine to DJR.

Back then. fanboi came to mind.

Maybe the dream got shattered and spite took over.
    I won't pretend that the infamous Johnson Syndrome didn't play a part in the end of that particular love affair, but rock star syndrome didn't get the better of those left trying to piece the show back together at the end. In fact there wouldn't have been a championship winner for the magnate to eventually manage to collect had the team's namesake not managed to phone a friend to get the truck to Homebush

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Donut King For This Useful Post:

4Vman (4th October 2018)

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Would be a shame if he does go. Personally I hope not, but Tickford need to come up with some solutions. Hopefully the carrot of the Mustang will keep him there.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

I'd like to think he'll stay. The stang has to be a big carrot. I'd stay, this season has been like many for frosty, when he won bathurst the rest of the season was pretty average. I would like to think he'd sign on for another 2 to 3 yrs n pretty much retire from full time racing here. I'd like to see him explore overseas n try his hand at some real iconic races other the bathurst. He could do that through Ford performance.
    It's very rare to see someone remain so loyal to one brand n I think that's a huge feather in his cap. Moff gets to participate in a lot of media events for Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewforbes View Post
    I'd like to think he'll stay. The stang has to be a big carrot. I'd stay, this season has been like many for frosty, when he won bathurst the rest of the season was pretty average. I would like to think he'd sign on for another 2 to 3 yrs n pretty much retire from full time racing here. I'd like to see him explore overseas n try his hand at some real iconic races other the bathurst. He could do that through Ford performance.
    It's very rare to see someone remain so loyal to one brand n I think that's a huge feather in his cap. Moff gets to participate in a lot of media events for Ford.
    I wonder if Ford appreciate his loyalty?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12