Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Supercars Silly Season. Could contain heartache.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Pony in the garage C ?
    Nothing gets past you Maurie
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (6th December 2018),Perko (7th December 2018)

I'll have to copy/paste show the wife that comment
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

An announcement late yesterday involving the banning of twin spings could be the early silly season setter for 2019.

Adelaide without it’s pet set up for T8 might not be the lock it has been.

Then the cream does tend to rise.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    An announcement late yesterday involving the banning of twin spings could be the early silly season setter for 2019.

Adelaide without it’s pet set up for T8 might not be the lock it has been.

Then the cream does tend to rise.
    i'd be keen to hear their reasoning for this.

In their quest to level out the playing field and "cost contain" they inadvertently force teams to throw away years of intel and go chasing new hardware and tech.

Cost cost cost.

Then once again you'll get the situation where the Big Teams will be the first to get into the window and the rest play catchup again....

Most notably last year Erebus and WAU were able to compete far more consistently than in previous years, because the technology had reached the peak of the development curve.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    i'd be keen to hear their reasoning for this.

In their quest to level out the playing field and "cost contain" they inadvertently force teams to throw away years of intel and go chasing new hardware and tech.

Cost cost cost.

Then once again you'll get the situation where the Big Teams will be the first to get into the window and the rest play catchup again....

Most notably last year Erebus and WAU were able to compete far more consistently than in previous years, because the technology had reached the peak of the development curve.
    Erebus, according to David, were fast at smooth tracks. Notably this was said prior to Newcastle.
    WAU, depended on climate conditions, a bit like Tickford needing wet tracks.

All point to a lack of understanding of the tools provided.

Reducing the complexity of the spring, I assume, reduces the numbers of variables of tuning parameters available.

You still have a reliance on shock technology obviously but this will be a leveller for teams who don’t have the resources and or technical ability to use these sets ups fully.

A part of T8s performance advantage has been the cars ability to ride bumps and settle. Means sooner power down, later braking.

At least to start with it could disadvantage T8. I believe it was Dane who blocked original attempts to ban this technology which probably tells you where he stands on the issue.

A team like Tickford will probably have to start all over again but potentially the gap up ahead might nit be as severe.

It’s a cost issue. The money being spent in this area is ridiculous.

DJRTP, according to Skaife use bars more than T8 for ride control.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Twin springs banned? Missed that one, but they were already banned in the DVS. No coincidence then that T8 are renewing their Super 2 presence

Quote Originally Posted by Donut King View Post
    Twin springs banned? Missed that one, but they were already banned in the DVS. No coincidence then that T8 are renewing their Super 2 presence
    Yes good pickup.

Use the DVS car as the "test" rig....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Yes good pickup.

Use the DVS car as the "test" rig....
    Strategically, if you are going to run a third entry that is the place to do it for the reasons you highlighted
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Mostert: Mustang won't fix Tickfords massive weaknesses

https://www.autosport.com/sup/news/1...ssive-weakness

Oh wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast