Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F.E.N.A 2018 GT 10 speed auto review

Amazing effort guys, you’d put a lot of main stream scribes to shame
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (8th November 2018)

Andrew will have his own thread or maybe I edit mine to include it.

Cant wait to see what he says.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

WASP (5th November 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Brilliant review and write up Ian and Andrew.

I guess one could say in my case you are preaching to the converted but then again I was left wanting with the previous model. This new model, on paper at least appears to address most of my reseravtions. It is more 'FPV' as you say. This would also have the be one of the first Factory performance offerings for a long time from Ford where I dont immediately feel compelled to modify the orginal intent in order to own it. Ok, maybe with the exception of the wheels and ride height..lol

Those videos. I have listened to them all several times now. Very addictive.
    I am sure there will be exceptions to these opinions but in all honesty, personalization of the previous model would have been mandatory for me.

The real issue now is what sort of deals can be made.

The price increase from my perspective is actually justified but in trading up that's a different story.

I had hoped the appeal of mustang might shore up residual values to the point trading every 3 years or so made sense.

I think this is a difficult balance to get right.
    Ford has ticked the first box with bringing in a product that's worthy of consideration.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

13726548 (5th November 2018),WASP (5th November 2018)

I got to say I like that Ruby Red colour more on this model than the last version. Really suits the new front angular styling. Its is a great option if you don't want stripes and are going for a more grown-up look.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (5th November 2018)

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Great article guys.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Excellent review Ian, sounds bloody great. The Mustang is growing on me.

How do you find the 2 doors in tighter areas? I will always try and park away from the crowd, but my shed is pretty damn tight. And as a daily you can not always escape the tight or busy carparks.

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post

Our usual disclaimer needs to be applied here. We arenít bashing a car to within an inch of its life and that will make a difference in forming opinions.
    We are testing the way we feel you guys will drive and appreciate. I completely stand by that. Itís our point of difference that brings relativity to the table in ways you can relate to.
    No, this is just respect.

I have been to quite a few drive days, and the way some people treat new or near new cars is shocking.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Randel For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (8th November 2018)

Coming late to this having been OS last 2wks.
    What a right up, have to say you are getting better and better at this mate, you need to start up your own you tube channel pal.
    Haven't seen Capt Slow's take on this yet ?!

I wasn't skeptical re Mustang, hey its Mustang and in RHD and with NO Falcons/FPV's where does some go and also, NEW buyers have come to town as you'd expect - bang for buck helps as well right.
    Now MY18 sure does sound impressive with more powa and for those going 10speed, its combo delivers.
    Its still no FPV as mentioned to me, yes its got more lollies/added now that makes it more enticing than was originally a plane jane GT but don't forget FPV stands alone just as HSV and thats where GT350/500 sit right.
    Kudos to them its filling the void especially whilst GM has nothing, huge plus nothing like beating them up.
    Look forward to Slows input.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Randel (8th November 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    Excellent review Ian, sounds bloody great. The Mustang is growing on me.

How do you find the 2 doors in tighter areas? I will always try and park away from the crowd, but my shed is pretty damn tight. And as a daily you can not always escape the tight or busy carparks.

No, this is just respect.

I have been to quite a few drive days, and the way some people treat new or near new cars is shocking.
    Those with good memories will remember this point was key in any perceived negativity towards Mustang from me.

I have exactly the same situation. When people countered that I drive two doors now, yes but that car doesn’t live with the others.

Storage space is a premium and as I fundamentally object to making life harder for oneself, those large doors would be an issue. It would be impossible for me to store a mustang where the GT lives and open the door fully.

But I have found the door behaves in such a way that’s its not one of these awkward issues where it won’t sit still. It’s not like you would need to hold it to prevent it going full open or closing on you.

Originally though I just didn’t see that mustang model as being special enough in the way it made me feel so storage space limitation wasn’t an issue because it excelled as a daily. In that capacity the doors become a non issue.

As a daily you have more flexibility to live with managing situations until you find you can’t.

Guided parking at the Bathurst race track parking in the Sunday saw us parked too close for the doors to be nice to use. Admittedly a norm door size would have struggled. It was bulshit where the parking attendenat gave no consideration to what we had. But it was manageable, but a bit more difficult fir me because the B pillar isn’t there to brace against.

This is the first time in 3 reviews where I was forced into a situation I couldn’t dictate distance with and it was ok. Just but ok.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

Randel (13th November 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Coming late to this having been OS last 2wks.
    What a right up, have to say you are getting better and better at this mate, you need to start up your own you tube channel pal.
    Haven't seen Capt Slow's take on this yet ?!

I wasn't skeptical re Mustang, hey its Mustang and in RHD and with NO Falcons/FPV's where does some go and also, NEW buyers have come to town as you'd expect - bang for buck helps as well right.
    Now MY18 sure does sound impressive with more powa and for those going 10speed, its combo delivers.
    Its still no FPV as mentioned to me, yes its got more lollies/added now that makes it more enticing than was originally a plane jane GT but don't forget FPV stands alone just as HSV and thats where GT350/500 sit right.
    Kudos to them its filling the void especially whilst GM has nothing, huge plus nothing like beating them up.
    Look forward to Slows input.

Andrew and I went to the cricket Sunday just gone. We went through a road we refer to as the mud walls.

I found my mind wondering back the the mustang and nearly the same time Andrew mentions, you know what “I still think about that car”

Let that sink in for a minute. Think about what we both own combined.

FPV consisted of a number of different models, the entry on the V8 side called the GT.

The previous model GT mustang had more of a XR8 or XR6T feel about it. This model doesn’t. This model has a FPV feel about it because of the way it makes you feel. That’s not to say GT350 or 500 aren’t what we think of inin terms of the next step up in the FPV side of the offerings.

This GT, it actually could pass as wearing the Ford Performance badge. If you didn’t know better and could be blindfolded, drive back to back and were asked which was the FP version, the answer will be 100% correct.

It’s unmistakable.

I can’t say I have been in a car of this type where it’s just begs you to be a child one more time.

Anyone who doubts the importance of theatre to the ears and how that makes you feel, need look no further.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

383gxl (14th November 2018),4Vman (13th November 2018),FTe217 (13th November 2018),Randel (13th November 2018),WASP (13th November 2018)

ok thanks for your response.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast