Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 door mustang?

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

To this article. It's not so.much ford withdrawing from sedans but a further rationalization of platforms.

Mustang wont sit on a platform by itself. It's just impossible, so it does in fact make sense that what's used for mustang will need to be rwd at worse and awd most likely.

Be able to utilise hybrid drivetrains and use more extensive use of aluminum and composites.

In order to fulfill a cost brief the platform must be used to gain sustainable market share.

In a move found by dedicated sports car manufacturers, the addition of a four door variant adds value volume to the line.

Would it be called a mustang as 4 doors?

Doesnt have to be. It's going to look the same as the mustang front on for sure being it a SUV ride height or a Falcon ride height.

Exiting sedans that dont offer a V8 option isnt exactly the same as entering with that option.

One thing for sure is that when it comes to platform rationalization, further products capable of taking a V8 is good news.

Now would ford really say this much about the future to the dealership network?

Not unless it's a planned strategy call.

You start with did ford brief on GT500 and work from that.

Mustang G6 hasnt been too bad with content but this sounds a little too good
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

There seems to be enough meat around CD6 information to suggest a 4 door Mustang variant isn't that far fetched.

If Ford are all about platform consolidation and maximizing volume off those platforms a 4 door version would potentially add in a lot of volume for Mustang spec components.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I'm one of those people who actually likes the Panamera and seeing this actually catchs my eye.
    I'd check this out and consider for a daily.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    Oh Lordy, please call it Falcon
    This ^^^^^^

It shouldn't be a Mustang even of it shares a platform and lots of bits. And lets face it Mustang was born from falcon , so there is history
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12