Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 4 door mustang?

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    Potentially this is an admission that 2 doors won’t work by themselves, that extra is needed.
    *Fixed

But Yes, equally the realization that incremental business exists in broader markets.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    *Fixed

But Yes, equally the realization that incremental business exists in broader markets.
    If the mustang brand is to be used, there is a reason for it. Sharing a platform, gives volume but doesn’t sell it.

To use the brand, to me at least, suggests Ford feel a 4 door needs that extra appeal, link and association. They would also believe the net gain overall won’t distract from the coupe.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (Yesterday)

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    If the mustang brand is to be used, there is a reason for it. Sharing a platform, gives volume but doesn’t sell it.

To use the brand, to me at least, suggests Ford feel a 4 door needs that extra appeal, link and association. They would also believe the net gain overall won’t distract from the coupe.
    Audi did the same with the sportsback 4 door A5. The A5,S5 and RS5 4 doors varients have all benefited from the halo effect that the signature 2 door varient provides.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

13726548 (Yesterday),4Vman (Yesterday)

I've kept saying the Euros are smart.
    They keep their brand/linage right through.
    Having their normal series offerings then
    Look at their performance arms, M hatchbacks/sedans/coupes/SUV's - AMG Audi SLine same.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456