Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Frosty gone

I havenít seen Marks response. It may have not looked good but intensionally borking Scott and letting the Bulls go is not his style.

Surely we can give him the benefit of the doubt over this? Heís got to be one of, if not the last genuine Ford loyalist Supercars race driver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (5th November 2018),Perko (5th November 2018)

Lowndes is incredibly "sincere" and convincing to his fans too.

Rated the most likeable popular driver for the past decade.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Perko (5th November 2018),Randel (6th November 2018)

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Apparently Renee manages Frosty's affairs.

I'm hearing the carrot for leaving might not be materializing the way it was sold to him/her earlier.

Things might be unraveling
    I really hope not. He is too much of a good guy to be screwed around.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Lowndes is incredibly "sincere" and convincing to his fans too.

Rated the most likeable popular driver for the past decade.
    Until Scotty wins this year......
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

4Vman (6th November 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    I really hope not. He is too much of a good guy to be screwed around.
    You can't be nice in this game. Take a look at that grub svg. Least Frosty has been fairly straight forward about it. Where ever he ends up at least I'll respect the guy.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VZTRT For This Useful Post:

13726548 (6th November 2018),FTe217 (8th November 2018),Perko (6th November 2018)

Good point VZTRT, without reading all the posts I just wish to say after all his loyal years etc I'm saddened it has ended this way.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Validated User
    Frosty is such a hard worker for the sponsors. I think his motivation is he just needed / wanted to back away from that and to concentrate on family and the driving.
    If he has a competitive car where he ends up and without massive sponsor commitments, then he will be competitive for another 3-5 years.
    BA2 XR8 Rapid Yellow - 6M - Ute. 226.8rwkW/537Nm & 14.2s@163kmh
    Ford Kuga Trend TDCi
    Ford Focus Trend TDCi
    XM Falcon Ute retrotech project
    Sold: FG XR6 Sedan, AU2 XL Ute, AU1 XR6 VCT Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Donut King View Post
    Frosty seemingly holds up car 17 and nicely sidesteps the red bull cars, guess that tells a bit of a story
    There is no seemingly about it but the drivers definition of holding up is different to ours in this situation.

Mark has responded to what larko said.

His version is that Scott never attempted to pass. Had he done so he was watching his mirrors and would have allowed room.

He has a point. Scott never attempted a pass. Instead he sat there expecting Frosty to pull over while hurting his tyres.

It was a bit weird because Scott openly admits Mark has previously done him a favour with the out of control pass on the streets back in a Volvo. Not sure why Scott though he couldnít attempt the same thing.

As a fan looking at the big picture I wanted Frosty out of the way. I felt that watching live. This is bad and even now I consider mark to have raced Scott which isnít what we wanted.

But Scott didnít put the move on either so I do see what mark is saying here.

Giz. Giz will always divebomb. Mark stepped aside as he basically always does. Scott didnít try the move.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Correct. Another point worth mentioning is the reason for the departure. Skaife and Ingall have claimed that both Mark and Tim where not able to reach an agreement on changes to the business going forward. They made it clear they are mates and still are, there is no annomsity what so ever. Their outlook on the future goals are just different.

From a business owners perspective, you need your team buy-in into your vision or its never going to work. Your people will be pulling in all sorts of directions, preventing you from reaching your goal. From a employee perspective it makes it very hard to continue giving it your 100% commitment when you dont want the same goal as the business.
    The decision appears to be with the owners where I am sure Tim had some input.

If you go back 24 months, Mark has had a pet subject and criticism of the team.

If itís not money, then it will be this aspect and thatís not really about direction.

We have to remember that we arenít talking about Falcon or even this tyre.

You make the decision on performance in the face of the traditional new car kick, itís a very powerful statement.

Itís effectively saying, I donít care how good the new mustang is, you guys canít guve me what I need to use it.

Where ever he goes, that statement needs to read, xxxx in Frostys mind is better than Tickford.

You need to think like this because he has made it about this.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

WASP (13th November 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    I just keep thinking "shot mysef in the foot"

I just don see a better available seat out there than where he was
    I think we need to go back further and deeper and you in previous writings have hit the nail on the head.

If you aren’t happy you get out.

Be it a marriage or a working relationship, there comes a point where a change might be necessary not just desirable.

With that comes consequences. In order to be happier you may well take less money or conditions or require you to only see your kids on weekends.

Marks body languages hasn’t been good for a while, so I would say no to shooting himself in the foot.

If the change means you are enjoying life more, no matter what it outwardly delivers, it’s the right call.

He however hasn’t come out and said this. We spent about 40 minutes talking about his stated reason so you know already what my thoughts are.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast