Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosty gone

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    Isn't that what Erebus are doing to WAU right now?
    They are modifying alot of their running gear, at times gone very different ways to the rest of the pack searching for that "GSpot") its not just straight fit.
    2017 they won the big race but 7th in the championship this season 5th to date
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Mark can be all of that, I just donít think heís going to be negative regardless of the setup.

For all we know the details might still be up in the air.

Roland isnít known for his economical arrangements and Charlie doesnít like parting with money.
    No businessmen does but he keeps forking it out being a mid to backpacker.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

My earlier feeling was that the team or someone in the team says they know what there doing in terms of car set up but really has know idea. Frosty n chaz got new car this season yet seem to be off the pace, Chaz was the only one really to put up a fight. TE admitted as much at sandown, so where's the problem lie, design, engineering, in an individual or is the so called deficiency of the falcon but djr make work n work real well. Frosty maybe of the pace but a couple of tenth n that puts you outside the top ten, so is it the team or the driver that not pushing as hard?
    I read an article put out by supercars, with Chaz saying he couldn't understand what happened between Saturday n Sunday, had a fast car on Saturday resulting in top five (4 I think), but Sunday changes were made which made the car less competitive yet still top 10 (6). So why mess with a car that was fast on Saturday, there's such data collected through out the whole weekend surely you could leave the car alone from Saturday, do they run a qualifying setup? Is there a need to? Could u look at data from Saturday n find when the car was at optimal performance n run that setup for Sunday qual n not make whole changes.
    Sorry bit off topic.
    So who's inline for frosty seat?
    I agree there's no way Roland would give all his info to another team, customer or not. Even as a customer they are the opposition n I can't believe that those customers would expect Roland to play fair, to me support is just parts and equipment n no technical info. Engineering is already done then it's up to the teams to setup there car.

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    Isn't that what Erebus are doing to WAU right now?
    They've taken their equipment and engineered it in a completely different direction, including shocks.

If Frosty ends up in a fully supported T8 car he'll effectively have to out drive SVG and Jamie to beat them.

The other option is buy a car, and do what Erubus have done and try a different approach and hope they can find pace T8 dont currently have, because that's the only way he'll beat either T8 driver.

And then there's Mustang....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I wish him well enough that he proves he hasn't lost it but while ever he races for team 18, I hope that top 10's are as good as it gets.

Umm aahhh ..... Ian swore !!

Thank you Ford for the memories

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Sounds like it could be early as next Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    Sounds like it could be early as next Monday?
    Once Sunday's over why wait I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Once Sunday's over why wait I guess.
    Hope Scott wins the drivers championship and over shadows frosty's announcement.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast