Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 30 minute review of the 2018 Ford Ranger Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    I guess unless you drive this thing off road at wot you won't understand the performance part.
    yes that is a good point but in saying that the useless D4 of old and near on current engine wise offroad does the job as does the Ranger or Novara etcetc....
    No one is racing per say but having a good long travel suspension is what its about as is with the Fox set up.
    So putting on Fox even on the current other Dual Cabs improves its off road driving experience 3fold `but they would suffer as Norm mentions, being under the guise of FP it should be more full stop.
    I haven't driven the RR as Col has but I have had experience in every Dual Cab in varying suspension systems and top of the line LC's/Patrol's latest/last models.
    A LC/Patrol being on 3ton feel great performance heavy slugs, NO Dual Cab Diesel feels as such on the sealed roads off the line (sure anything at mid torque and up gives the sensation, hey its ok) and RR being heavier won't be adequate at all for ME, it is what it is and Ford and certain owners will spin it the way that suits them, one as a Seller the other as an Owner, but the real picture it needs more POWA.
    Its like FPV going to market with a 4T per say, spin spin it to justify the build.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    I guess unless you drive this thing off road at wot you won't understand the performance part.
    I had an opportunity to do so. The suspension is absolutely superb. I was really impressed with what you could do. But once again I wanted a bit more power to let the hoon in me out. Doing the high speed, rough stuff this car is just perfect. However, I just wanted a bit more low down sideways action in between that the current motor just wasn't up to. As I said, don't get me wrong this is a great car. Just not for me. I would rather get a Ranger XLT and go the Tickford upgrade.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (3rd December 2018)

Wouldn’t that cost similar money? I would have thought the RR would yield better resale than a Tickford enhanced XLT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Current owner of a BA Mk2 FPV GT and a FG XR6 Turbo

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Wouldn’t that cost similar money? I would have thought the RR would yield better resale than a Tickford enhanced XLT?

The resale would be heaps better Colville. However if I were to buy a car like this it would be a keeper. Much like Vader.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

WASP (2nd December 2018)

Fair enough. I’m a bit of a fan of the Tickford XLT package, especially with the additional engine mapping and exhaust.

Lifetime Ford Falcon enthusiast and previous owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code + 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

Perko (2nd December 2018)

Resale, only would matter to a private purchase and how many would those be ? not many thats for sure but up to them I guess.
    The Ticky package is ok but for me that stupid rear side exhaust outlet has to go back to normal out the rear.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

I like the side exhaust. I would love the exhaust tips for the XR8.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

WASP (3rd December 2018)

yer nah I'd prefer an outlet either side from the rear.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Duel out the back looks the goods on lower vehicles. On higher, I actually prefer out the side rear, or above the cabin like a semi lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (3rd December 2018)

I'd love to do one my way and then people will go - yer thats noice.
    No way like a semi, bugger looking to tie things down whilst being near hot to warm pipes.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast