Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Must watch video Ford CEO answers questions from YouTuber on Mustang. I like this.

Must watch video Ford CEO answers questions from YouTuber on Mustang. I like this.

Not what I was expecting from our president.

History is a statement, the future is a question.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (6th December 2018),FTe217 (6th December 2018),WASP (6th December 2018)

That was a fantastic insight.

Those guys are great.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I felt like I just met Jim then. That was awesome. He was different to what I was expecting
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    I felt like I just met Jim then. That was awesome. He was different to what I was expecting
    I think there's a few sides to Jim...

We're likely to see another side of him tomorrow......
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

What happens tomorrow?

Had the very same reaction. Not what I was expecting

Subscribed to their channel.
    The problem with society today, is that nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

I found it interesting he pigeonholed "Mustang Customers" as a set "finite" group.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    I found it interesting he pigeonholed "Mustang Customers" as a set "finite" group.
    I understood that as having a clear understanding of what a typical Mustang customer would want and expect, and what they won't accept. There will always be exceptions but as a product designer for a niche market the more focused you are in defining who you are building it for, and why, the more sucessful you're likely to be.

What was intersting was Jim was a master at deflecting the questions without it sounding like he was, while remaining engaged. He basically distracted 'StangMode' with his responses, referring to his own personal experiences and love for Ford's cars. He got StangMode to talk about himself and this community. It was quite funny.

At least, what he did confirm is that the V8 in a Mustang at least will live on.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

I understood that as having a clear understanding of what a typical Mustang customer would want and expect, and what they won't accept. There will always be exceptions but as a product designer for a niche market the more focused you are in defining who you are building it for, and why, the more sucessful you're likely to be.

What was intersting was Jim was a master at deflecting the questions without it sounding like he was, while remaining engaged. He basically distracted 'StangMode' with his responses, referring to his own personal experiences and love for Ford's cars. He got StangMode to talk about himself and this community. It was quite funny.

At least, what he did confirm is that the V8 in a Mustang at least will live on.
    Yeah you can read it 2 ways.

"We're building Mustang in a specification to suit the traditional hardcore rusted on pool of Mustang Customers"

Or

"We're building Mustang to suit an uncapped range of people who like that style of cars"

I heard the first.

It was pleasing to hear the V8 was "Protected"

'Protected" being a word that may mean a lot in the near future....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Perko (7th December 2018)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast